A Sad Goodbye||Paris

This week really hasn't been a great week for us so far. I posted Friday night just before the horrific events that happened in Paris about how excited I was to see in the New Year there. 

I then posted my sincere condolences yesterday and since then have found out we will not be able to get to see Paris next month after all. 

A part of me knew it was for the best to postpone our trip not only out of respect for a country that is mourning the loss of so many innocent lives but also for our own safety but I'm still upset all the same. 

I suppose site seeing in the wonderful Country may not be too safe for us right now so it is with a very heavy heart that we have had to cancel the trip and change our destination. 



You may remember in my 100th post I wrote last week that I mentioned wanting to go to Amsterdam in the new year. Well we have now decided to bring that trip forward and have just changed our flights from Paris to there instead. 

Obviously I was so excited about spending it in one of my favourite cities so I am feeling a bit down at the moment but I am hoping we can still enjoy a lovely time away together on a hopefully more safer environment too. 

We are still flying with Easyjet on the same days as before (30th-3rd Jan) but it has cost us extra on top what we originally paid to amend our booking. 

I am looking forward to visiting Amsterdam and one day I will visit my beloved Paris when it is slightly more safer to do so. 

Anyway's I'm going to wrap this up now I will be bringing you another post shortly about our new plans for celebrating New Year in Amsterdam. 

Photo Credit: huffingtonpost.com






Comments

Popular Posts