32 years young...

It has been a VERY long time since I caught up with you on the blog. 2 years to be exact. Today marks my 32nd birthday and whilst I have a little bit of downtime from my very hectic life lately, I have been doing some reflecting upon the current year. 

This year has been one of the most important years of my life, a year which has completely shaped me and changed my outlook on life. It has taught me a lot about myself and my values and what I think of as 'important' & a priority in my life. I would love to share with you why....

Start of 2022

January started out like no other- full of hope, promise and those dreaded 'new years' resolutions. However as soon as February hit I unfortunately received some terrible news in a phone call. I received the call that no daughter would ever want to receive- that my beautiful mother has been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Immediately your mind goes into overdrive and suddenly the small things in life, the selfish things seem to not matter any more. 

The day we received the call and the 6 months there after have been a whirlwind and a shock to say the least. When a parent is sick you feel helpless in so many ways and I can honestly say I haven't felt the same since. Suddenly life feels so precious and as a family we feel so much closer and grateful for each other. It has been a very long 6 month battle for my mother and she really is the strongest person I know, we have been told she should make a full recovery but it will be a long and tough road ahead. 

During these 6 months our lives have been put on hold, but things are slowly starting to turn round for us, I want to come back on to this blog to remind myself how lucky I am, to remember all the things I have achieved (not just travel related) and to celebrate all of the wonderful people in my life (& the ones I am yet to meet). I want to continue to blog for as long as I can, as long as I need to as this really is the best therapy for me. 

I have lots of plans for this blog in the next year & I want to share with you over the coming weeks what I have been up to this summer. 

Before I do this I want to share a post with you all about a place my wonderful boyfriend took me to for my birthday last weekend. It is a Hotel called 'Cave hotel, spa & golf' based in Faversham. It is a firm favorite of ours having been staying here in the last few years since it opened, so I would love to share my latest stay in my next post. 


I hope you enjoy... catch up with you all soon x 

Comments

Popular Posts