A-Z||S.


Welcome to my Winter in Stockholm, Sweden. This post is all about my adventures in Stockholm, where I shopped, ate/drank, partied the night away and much much more. Hope you enjoy!! 




Stockholm and well Sweden in general is one of my favourite places to visit- ever. The city is as beautiful as the people and a lot of fun is to be had once you are here- believe me I have the stories to prove it and here I am to tell the tale of my mad crazy week in Stockholm

I visited Stockholm for 1 week at the beginning of December this year, staying with some Swedish friends in an apartment in the Vasastan part of town (photo's found at the end of this post)...and it was absolutely freezing- were talking minus temperatures here. I must admit now I have never visited any countries which experience such severe cold weather, and so was not quite prepared for it.. I think the 5 bikini's I foolishly packed in my case beforehand proved that!! However once I was there I did invest in some very warm and cosy big winter jumpers, and this brings me on to my first topic of my trip SHOPPING!!







(this is where all the fun began! Hi Stockholm pleased to meet you...)




(My Suitcase and all my Bikini's- oops!) 


Sweden has some great places to go shopping, Stockholm in particular is a very fashion forward city and I can honestly say I was spoilt for choice. Swedish friends of mine introduced me to many little Shopping gems during my stay including.. NK (a bit like our John Lewis/Selfridges) a centre called Gallerian which has over 80 stores in all one roof- my kind of heaven! and then we have more familiar European stores like H&M, Urban Outfitters and of course no trip to Sweden would be complete without a cheeky look around in Ikea. I also visited a traditional Swedish Market whilst I was there which sold lots of lovely little gifts and souvenirs. 







(My arrival into Stockholm and Stockholm Central Station)


(Stockholm's department store building from a distance)



(Traditional Swedish Market) 

(Inside a Swedish Shopping Centre)




(A few gifts I kindly gave to myself...)

The one thing I love about visiting during the Winter especially early December is that the city is transformed ready for Christmas. There are Christmas lights and trees everywhere all scattered around the city and at night time the whole place is lit up and it comes alive. It truly is a magical experience. Here's some more photos of Stockholm's Christmas-ness. 







(Pretty city street Christmas lights)

I love all the little café's and quirky restaurants in Stockholm and I tried to visit a few different types which were scattered around the city. One of my favourite's which a few friends introduced me to was Hornstulls Mjölkbar (more info to be found HERE). We decided to head to this quirky hang out during lunchtime and the food was very good for the value. It had quite a studenty vibe and it felt very hip, I loved the design and decor of the place and this definitely added to the cool vibe. I would definitely recommend a trip here if you are in the area.
 Here's a few snaps I took during my adventure- foodies look away now! 





(Some Restaurants and Bars I visited during one evening)


(A lovely Waffle dessert found at a local Swedish Patisserie) 





(Drinks in a trendy Stockholm bar)


(Trying out the local Coffee and Pastry) 


(TGIF's!!!)



(Experiencing a Swedish Mcdonald's)

Most of my evenings I spent with friends at various parties and clubs/bars. I must admit I was surprised at just how much the Swede's love to party, despite what the stereotypes suggest in that Swedish people are typically shy and that the opposite sex will rarely approach each other in clubs... I have to say my experience couldn't of been more different to that. Everyone I met were very sociable and friendly and many a time I was invited back for after parties- so that just goes to show you should never judge a book by its cover. Swedish people are great!! Here's what we got up to...


(Drinks at home to get things started)












(Fun nights out with great drinks and equally great company)

As I mentioned earlier I stayed with friends on this trip in their apartment in Vasastan. The area itself is lovely and the apartments are all very modern and beautiful. Vasastan has a great reputation and there are lots of great places worth exploring if you visit or are staying in the area. Here's just a few snaps of the apartment and some scenery around the area. 






(Outside view and Inside of the lovely apartment)


(Vasastan night and day)

I could seriously go on forever talking about my amazing week in Stockholm but I think I would be here for days. I'm very much hoping to go back for longer in the new year so I will write another adventure post during that time. I hope you have enjoyed reading as much as I have enjoyed re-living my amazing week away in Stockholm!!! I urge anyone that gets a chance to visit (even for a long weekend) it is an amazing place and the people are even more amazing- big thanks to all my Swedish friends for making my trip the best.

Comments

Popular Posts