London to Stockholm to Gothenberg and back again||Part One

Hey everyone if you have already read my previous post you may be aware that I am taking a holiday in one of my favourite visited places of last year Sweden-woohoo

Now usually I like to keep my blog posts quite formal as I'm sure you can tell but this year I am making concious efforts to change this. So I will be hopefully be bringing you lots of up to date posts of my travel plans and adventures.  I have chosen to begin this process today here in Stockholm and I hope you enjoy my journey as I make my way to Gothenberg and back again. So lets begin at Heathrow shall we?




#Day1

Arrived at London Heathrow Airport around half 8 in the morning and was so tired having foolishing been out partying with friends the night before (I know I know), but thought I would be fine as its only around 2 and a bit hours to Stockholm-phew. Anyway we checked in grabbed some food and was reading and raring to board in our very very warm woollen jumpers!! I absolutely love airports and air planes and anything aviation related actually, so much so that I am actually in the interview stages to train in becoming cabin crew (more on that later). Heathrow airport is one of my favourites in the world and I usually spend most of my time getting lost in duty free, I just can't be trusted!! Luckily this trip I was travelling with a very sensible and organised friend, else I would have missed my flight altogether and ended up with bags and bags of duty free make up and perfume!!!- I doubt I would have complained! 



Waiting patiently for our Plane to be ready!!
Definitely needed after a late night...
Goodbye London!! See you in a week...
On route to Stockholm Arlanda!!
Empty Seats... Always a good sign!So by the time we had arrived into Stockholm Arlanda and got all our bags and sorted our selves out it was around 4pm and it looked like it was getting dark outside. It was also freeeezing and icey everywhere. It looked beautiful but I was not looking forward to braving the cold. 


Arrivals at Stockholm Arlanda.We decided to take the train and subway to Vasastan (where our apartment was located) and managed to navigate our way through the city really well thanks to the well thought out transport links into Stockholm from the Airport. It took us roughly around half an hour give or take and was a really pleasant journey. 



Once we got our apartment in Vasastan we decided to have a little cat nap so that we would be ready and fresh for the nights activities. Below are just a few photos of our friend's apartment we were lucky enough to stay in for the week. 














We spent a few hours chilling in our apartment before we decided to get ready for the nights events. We decided beforehand that we were just going to explore the area a bit  meet up with some friends and have a nice relaxing dinner and a few drinks instead of hitting the clubs. Once we were out we found a really nice American style steakhouse chain restaurant called Texas Long Horn and decided to set up camp there for a few hours. (note: not one for the non-meat eaters out there.)

As Texas Long Horn is a chain restaurant there are a few scattered all over Stockholm the one we visited was in the Ã–stermalm part of the city, as this is was where we were meeting our friends. Our friends chose the restaurant and I was very pleasantly surprised by what was inside. On first glance it looked more like an American bar but once we got inside I soon discovered the bar area was down stairs and the restaurant upstairs. Here are just a few photos from the types of delicious meals on offer...







Some of the best ribs I've ever tasted!!
Once we had finished eating and chatting away we decided to venture downstairs for a few more drinks. We then got a bit carried away with our selves and decided to head out into the city for some more drinks. We ended up heading back near to where we were staying in a really nice  restaurant/bar called Svartengrens. They sold all sorts of spirits and beers but my favourite drinks were the amazing cocktails- I think we may have all over indulged on these slightly.










By far my favourite cocktail of the evening.. Strawberry Daiquiri



By the time we got rolled home it was around 2am! We had all had just about enough fun for one day and there was still so much to pack in for the next 7 days. So I took myself off to bed ready for my next adventure the next day which was sightseeing and shopping in Stockholm.

Comments

Popular Posts