Skiing||The French Alps

In just over two weeks time I will be hitting up the slopes in the French Alps (Rhone Alps to be precise). I have never been skiing before and have only had two beginners lessons on dry slopes so far at the Snow Centre in Hemel Hempstead. I am really excited for my skiing adventure and can't wait to get away with my friends. I am also looking forward to all of the Apres- Ski events which the people who have organised our holiday are holding for us out there, including a bar crawl and a Champagne event to celebrate the last night of our holiday. 



This isn't a typical skiing holiday as it is part of a competition held by a London based company called The Big Weekender. The company mainly focus on organising weekends away and party/clubbing nights out across the UK typically in places like London, Manchester and Birmingham...But this year they have decided to take their nights one step further for a 7 night Skiing/parting holiday in Saint-Etienne not far from the Rhone Alps in France.

My friend won her ticket as part of the competition they were holding in January and she managed to get me and another friend cheaper holiday tickets. At just £399 we are getting free return travel in the form of a huge party bus style coach, a free apartment which sleeps up to 4 people, all of our ski equipment for free including ski lift passes and entry to all of the Apres- Ski activities which i mentioned before which is all thrown into the price... not bad for just £399 in my opinion. 



We are all booked now and everything has been paid for, I am starting to plan what I will need and have been doing extensive research online so hopefully I wont be totally clueless when I get there. I have also checked out the resort we are staying in which is called Super devuloy and it looks really good there are lots of other activities there besides skiing and I can't wait to try my hand at Snowboarding and to have a little go at dog sledding if I get the chance. 


I will no doubt be updating my blog with all my holiday adventures for you in the coming months so hope you look out for my holiday adventure :) 



Comments

Popular Posts