Fine Dining||London

Recently I had a date in London. Unfortunately the date was not as I expected- something I shall not be sharing with you lovely lot, as I am far to British and embarrassed by the whole ordeal. But lets just say the restaurant (which my date chose) was far too busy, In a part of the city I was not really familiar with- so ended up being half an hour late and having a nightmare of a tube journey there & back! and well to be perfectly honest the service and company alike just wasn't that great. So on my way home after what I can only describe as a waste of an evening I decided, instead of feeling upset about it I would come on here and post a little post to some of you lovely single (and coupled) guys of London, with ideas of great restaurants you should take your date's on so you don't make the same mistakes as my unfortunate date had.


Sad but true... Starting to think I AM Bridge Jones...



Restaurants: 

#1 Oblix at The Shard 

Obviously not a great location to pick if you or your date don't really like heights, but I thought I would start with this one anyway. I have already visited the Shard not on a date, but I was still very much impressed with the fantastic views and great cocktails and food there. If you want to really wow your date and make a great impression I definitely recommend bringing her somewhere like here with a great view. Although the evening won't be cheap (tickets cost £25 each, not including drinks or food) if you work in London and can afford to splash the cash for one evening I am sure your date will be very grateful- massive man points to you! I have already written a post all about The Shard which you can revisit HERE.


Photo taken by me.

Address: Level 33 The Shard, 31 St Thomas St, SE1 9RY

Another great alternative to The Shard which also boasts great views is the Duck and Waffle restaurant which is located 40 floors up the Heron Tower in Bishopsgate, The City. Again this is another experience just like The Shard- so of course if heights aren't you thing I wouldn't recommend it, but the views once you are up there definitely make for a memorable evening. The great thing about this restaurant is that it is open 24/7 so if you did want to do something a bit different and say go out for a brunch date then you could do so here! If you really want to splash the cash they also offer private dining. For more info and to look at the menu's etc go to their official website HERE.

Photo taken from Pinterest

Address: Heron Tower, 110 Bishopsgate, EC2N 4AY 

There are lots of different restaurants to chose from with great views all over London, as much as I'd love to write about them all it would not be possible, so here is a handy little website I found for you to have a look over with lots of great ideas. Click HERE.



#2 Gaucho



Gaucho is one place I really would love to eat at in London. This Argentina inspired chain offers some of the best cuisine and wine around the world. Gaucho has 14 restaurants in the UK (primarily in London) as well as in Dubai and Buenos Aires. The restaurants cater for all occasions and each restaurant has a different vibe, each restaurant has luxurious decor and really is a spectacle when you walk in. The staff are trained to give you a special, unforgettable dining experience and are very attentive- but not so attentive that it feels like they are also part of your date.  Gaucho offer lots of menu options and the main option is their highly recommended a la carte menu which offers a variety of steaks and various meats. Restaurant opening times usually vary between locations but they are usually open until midnight mon-sat and until 11pm on Sundays, so if late night dining is something you enjoy I would 100% recommend trying out Gaucho. 



Address: See website for different locations.


#3 STK London

Carrying on from my Steak restaurant theme here is another great Steak house to try out. STK London is located on The Strand in central London and is a great place to come for some quality Meats and Drinks. Like Gaucho STK is considered quite expensive and the interior is very lavish, but unlike Gaucho the atmosphere is a little more laid back and all sorts of people dine here. One great thing about STK which is worth the visit is the large central bar lounge which is the focal point of the restaurant. As well as be known for its steak, seafood is very popular and a big part of STK's menu! This restaurant like Guacho is also open late at night so it is perfect for after dinner drinks as well. 






Address: 336-337 The Strand, London WC2R 1HA


#4 Benihana

Benihana is one of my all time favourite Japanese restaurants in London and I have visited many times for many different occasions including Birthdays and Hen nights, I also think this would be a great place to bring a date or a friend you would like to get to know a bit better. The main thing that will attract you to this place is the staff! They are so friendly and welcoming and create the best dining experience ever. When you walk in you are handed a menu and given your own personal chef and waiter who takes your order and then cooks everything right in front of you.  I remember being so impressed the first time I came here it really was like watching a show. They also offer some of the most delicious cocktails around.  There are two Benihana restaurants in London one in the West end in Picadilly and the other can be found on the famous Kings Road in Chelsea. Both are very popular and can get extremely busy so I would recommend booking before you come. 

Address: Picadilly- 37 Sackville Street, London W1S 3EH
             Chelsea- 77 Kings Road, London SW3 4NX






Photos taken from my last trip to Benihana

Okay so there we have 4 suggestions of some of London's greatest restaurants. I hope this post has been useful for all you single guys out there- now get saving and make sure you take that special lady somewhere lovely like she deserves. 

Popular Posts