Letting our hair down at Steam and Rye.

Friday just gone (22nd August) was monthly girls night out! And BOY did I need it too. As some of you already know I have just started a new job in the city- Canary Wharf to be precise and while I am absolutely loving my new work life, I am also finding it increasingly difficult to fit in time with everyone!. So myself and my best girl friends who also live and work in the city, have all decided that each month around pay day we are going to dedicate a whole evening to taking 4 hours to Glam up, tan up and eyelash up, don our best dancing shoes and consume more cocktails than what is considered appropriate.

We are the Sex and the City girls of London!!!

Photo Credit: Pop Sugar


We decided to head up to the City for the start of the night out to a restaurant and late night bar called Steam and Rye, which is an American restaurant/ bar based on the theme of Central Grand Station. It is very lively especially during the weekends and it has lots of different things going on, including Dancing go-go girls who put a little show on for everyone at random intervals during the evening.  


Photo Credit: Steam & Rye's Twitter Feed


Photo Credit: London Launch
We rocked up at about half 8 and our table was all ready and waiting for us, with staff on hand to guide us to it and take our drinks order (V Important). The service was amazing and faultless, our table was even chosen to receive a free crocodile head of shots (pictures to follow) which was worth around £36.00. We really did feel very special in there from the moment we all sat down. I really loved the décor inside which I took photos of as well.


Photo Credit: The City Owl
The thing I love so much about the venue is that it looks exactly how I would picture a vintage American bar to look. I think the fact that the building used to be a bank helps create this grand illusion. It certainly looks very patriotic with the American Flags hanging from the pillars.

Here are just a few photos I took of the night and some of our drinks we had.














After we had eaten we carried on partying the night away. There is also a little downstairs seating area which we only discovered on our way to the loo's. It is a great little venue with so much character. Here's some more photos of Steam and Rye. 

If you want to check it out for yourself be sure to visit their website here to get access to the menu's and to book your reservation. 

Getting here: 147 Leadenhall Street, London
Open till 3am every evening except Sundays when it is closed all day. 

Popular Posts