Christmas Markets in Europe||Planning my trip.

Germany: 
A very obvious country to start with. The Christmas German Market is very iconic this time of year, so this is a must see.

First up we have Hamburg!! Hamburg is the second largest part of Germany and is heaving with tourists all year round, but especially this time of year when the Christmas Markets make an appearance. If you are planning to visit I would do a lot of prep months in advance, especially in terms of flights and accommodation. 

Hamburg has a few good Christmas Markets to offer the most famous and well known being the big City Hall Market (just in front of Hamburg Rathaus). This starts early on the 24th of this month until the 23rd of December and is open till 9pm during the week day and 10pm during the weekends. This market has it all and really does make fantastic gifts- most of which are hand made. The Market itself is arranged in an organised way and you usually find everything you want near each other.
The market offers a great trip out for families with small children, they can even see a flying Santa which visits the market everyday, once in the morning and again later on in the evening. 

For more info please visit this website (English Translation available). 






Hotels in Hamburg: 

Finding a hotel within budget in Hamburg during the Christmas period is pretty much considered an impossible task. So if you are serious about your trip definitely book ahead of the busy periods. 
I.e (As soon as you possibly can). 
For my trip I booked my hotel in April this year, I didn't want to make the same mistakes as last year and leave it till the last minute. After much consideration the hotel I chose was from the Booking.com website called...

Barcelo Hamburg.. I based on my choice on the reasons that because I would be travelling alone, and my German language is very limited I wanted to find somewhere as close to the city centre as I could, and a place which was reasonably priced but not cheap looking. 
This place seems perfect for me, someone who also loves Shopping! As it is near 2 big shopping centres. I am planning to stay for 4 nights and thought that the £586.00 total  of the stay was fairly reasonable for what I will be getting. 




The room I have chosen is a deluxe double room. It is modern and comes complete with all the usual bits and pieces you hope to find in a 4 star hotel. Like complementary toiletries, a flat screen TV with cable channels, a Hairdryer, Safe and air conditioning. This hotel room also comes with free wi-fi and an I-pod dock station so you can listen to your own music!!  The rooms also look very clean and modernly beautiful. 








Of course this hotel isn't going to be to everyone's budget and there are lots of cheaper options, but to avoid disappointment you should think about booking from those well in advance. 

For a cheaper options you are best looking further out of Hamburg and getting a train in to the city centre. 



Popular Posts