A Summers Holiday||Part Two

So I posted a couple of days ago that on the 25th of this month myself and my partner will be going to Tenerife for our summers holiday. If you missed it you can read all about it here. 

We are both extremely excited and our hotel flights are all booked and confirmed and we have even checked ourselves in already! (Good old handy Ryanair smartphone app). I am also in the process of buying my holiday clothes/packing them all in my teeny tiny suitcase. I am literally counting down the days now- 11 to be precise.


Now comes the fun part- researching places to eat, drink and explore! As you may already know from reading this blog I am someone who likes to extensively research and plan before I go on an adventure or holiday- I have always been this way and can't really explain why but my boyfriend on the other hand is a little more of a risk taker in life and likes to just go with the flow. I think we make a good balance for each other because of this and they do say opposites attract! He has definitely taught me that sometimes it is nice to have a carefree nature and I like to think that I've shown him planning isn't all that bad.

So leading on from that here are some amazing things and great restaurants I have found in Tenerife...

Photo Credit: www.spain-tenerife.com

We are staying in the Costa Adeje part of the island which is the next town up from Playa de Las Americas- this is the lively part of Tenerife known for its nightlife, pubs, bars and clubs and the younger crowd tend to stay here and party till all hours of the morning. I for one am quite glad we are not staying in the centre of the action, but am also glad it is close enough to get to should we want to visit one evening and see what happens in Tenerife after hours.

Costa Adeje is said to be the newest resort area and is mainly built up with lots of modern hotels and attractions. The majority of the nightlife here is said to have sophisticated cocktail bars and lounges- which is right up my street!

The beach (Playa del Duque) is also said to be newer and have newer restaurants/bars and better facilities on offer as well. If you enjoy water sports this is a great beach to come to. Last year in Mallorca I went on a jet ski for the first time in my life.. although I'm not usually a big fan of water this was something I really enjoyed, so will definitely be trying this out again in Tenerife.

Photo Credit: Vagobond.com


If all goes according to plan we will be arriving on the island at around 4pm on the 25th. After we check into our hotel and have a wander about our new surrounding's we will be getting ready for our first evening meal. Our first night will most probably be spent in our hotel, but I have been looking on Trip Advisor and reading some of the reviews on the restaurants section.
One place that caught my eye was the Las Aguas restaurant. It has had lots of great reviews and the menu looks good too. If you would like to read more click here where you can also book a table.
The next thing on my list of places to check out is a bar/lounge called Ohana Chill Out which is also located in Costa Adeje. (All photos taken by Trip Advisor)
 From what I can see and what I have read this seems like a great place to start your night out. It seems very relaxed and more on the informal side. I expect it attracts a lot more tourists than locals. It is somewhere I would like to start my holiday in as I am getting to know the island I am sure we will find lots of nice places to come to like this one.
     
One thing I have forgotten to mention on this post is that we are staying moments from the CC Gran Sur shopping centre. Now this is somewhere I know for a fact I will be checking out. Not only does it have shops it also has a cinema which plays films in English! I have read that the shops sell mainly clothes and make up so I know I am going to end up buying some goodies to take home with me and blog about my purchases when I get home.
There are only a few shops I actually recognise in the centre and they are the Sunglasses Hut, phone shops like Vodafone and Orange and Mcdonalds. They also have a big Mercadona which I have visited lots of times in Spain, I love this super market and often come here to get my Spanish chocolate and candy I always seem to crave on holiday.  The Mikado chocolate sticks are always a favourite of mine.
The rest of the shops are mainly Spanish women fashion and accessories shops- I love the shoes in Spain so will definitely be buying a few pairs here.
The opening times in the centre vary so its best to check here for up to date info.
So there we have just a few places we want to go whilst on our holiday. I am sure we will pack in lots more and I will blog about everything we get up to when we are home.


Comments

Popular Posts