The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award||Life

Everything has been a bit quiet here recently and I was going to put up a post about my summer holiday at the end of the month, but when I opened my mail box this morning a lovely little surprise email was waiting for me! 

I have been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award. 

Now as I have been out of the loop pretty much all week I had no idea what this award was, so I did some research and found out this is how the award works. 

1. Firstly you have to thank whoever nominated you.
2. Then you have to post the 10 questions they have provided for you and you must answer them all in full! 
3. Then you must think up your own 10 questions
4. Finally nominate 10 people/blogs yourself so they can answer your questions. 

So here we go.... These are the 10 questions I have been given...
(Although the blogger who nominated me would like to remain anonymous- I would like to say a huge thank you for the nomination and for following my blog! It really does mean a lot to know there are people out there like you so interested in my life!!!)



1.What were you doing before blogging?
I started this blog a few years ago, mainly as a research tool for holidays. As I am pretty forgetful most of the time I thought a blog would be a good way to remember all the beautiful and exciting places in the world I would love to visit. 2 years later and I am using the blog for exactly the same purpose, but have added a little more personal stuff about my life and my own travel adventures along the way. 

2. Is there somewhere you've always dreamt about visiting?

I have always wanted to visit NYC. I am putting the States on my bucket list for next year and I already cannot wait to get planning and researching for my trip now. 

3. Where would you say is the most exciting place that you've visited?
I haven't managed to go too far a field yet country wise. I do have quite a few favourite places I have visited and Stockholm is definitely up there top of the list. The night life is exciting, and the people are so friendly you feel like you have known them your whole life. I would love to go back!! 

4. What are your must-take travel items?
Definitely my Ipad! It is so handy in that I can listen to all my music and read all my favourite books on my Kindle as well. I also use it for watching films and catching up with shows I have missed on 4OD and BBC Iplayer. It saves me having to take lots of technical items. I also cannot live without my mobile phone it is constantly glued to my hand and I am always taking photos with my Iphone. 

5. How old were you when you first went abroad?
Cannot remember the exact age off the top of my head, but I think I was around 6/7 and it was on holiday to Spain with family. 

6. What are your top tips for blog promotion?
Social media!- Cliche answer yes but very important to get your blog out there . I have found Twitter as opposed to Facebook to be the best social media tool for promoting my blog and blog posts. 

7. What's the strangest/funniest comment you've had left on your blog?
I had someone just a type a bunch of letters once? Not sure if  it was a code for something or a secret language I wasn't aware of. 

8. Where is your hometown and what's it like?
I live in the capital city of the UK so it is very busy, full with people and there is always something going on. Great place to explore even if I do live here, I am always finding places I didn't know about. 

9. Where in the world would you like to be right now?
Anywhere but stuck here at my desk at work! 

10. Do you prefer visiting cities or places that are more remote?
I am definitely a big city person. Although I love relaxing on holiday I also love shopping so cities are usually my kind of place. I enjoy the night life cities have to offer as well. 

Ok so there we have my 10 answers I have made up my own 10 questions and I have posted them out to my 10 nominee's- I can't wait to read what they have to say. 

I will also be back tomorrow with my planned post- and will reveal my holiday destination which we are going on at the end of this month. 

Popular Posts