Weekend Adventures||Where to go this year for Fireworks?

So Halloween is officially over, hope you all had an amazing weekend celebrating that! We are now getting ready for another one of my favourite winter celebrations.. Fireworks Night!!  Every year I always say I am going to watch the fire works at a proper display and most years (except from the ones when I was at Uni) I have never got round to going to any. 

Well this year is going to be different. I am going to try and go to at least 1 display... The hard part is knowing which one to go to of course. So I thought I would write up this handy little guide of where the best Fireworks are going to be held this year. Hopefully it will also give you a little bit of Inspiration as well! 




So this year Bonfire night falls on a Thursday. Bit annoying I know but most places will be putting on displays throughout the weekend as well, so plenty of opportunity to catch a last minute display. 

I was browsing through the internet the other day and came across a few different events in London which are being held over the weekend mainly. 

I got them from this website here. The one thing I think is great about this site is it sets out the different events by location. (North, South, East and West). 

Usually I would opt to go to Central London but I thought it might be a bit busy so decided to keep it nice and close and will be going out in South London instead. 

The place I have chosen to watch a display this year is at Blackheath.  I work quite near Blackheath now and spend quite a bit of my lunches down there either shopping in the lovely little boutiques or eating in some of the great brassieries. I love Blackheath especially on a warm sunny day, the heath makes a perfect sunbathing spot. 

I have yet to spend a night out there so I am really looking forward to seeing what the Heath has to offer in the evening. 


Photo Credit: LondonLiving


Photo Credit: Time Out


The main event starts at 8pm but expect it to get busy in the afternoon. There will be a funfair set up from 12 noon and food stalls and a bar from 5pm. It really is going to be a great day out. The best bit about it is it is completely free entry. Tickets are not needed to see the display, but there is plenty of opportunity to make a donation should you wish. 

For more info please see the official London Borough of Lewisham Council website here

Do you have any plans for Bonfire Night? If so where will you be heading? 

Comments

Popular Posts