Easter Weekender||Crazy Bear Hotel, Beaconsfield


Back to work blues have officially set in! Hope you all had a lovely few days off (even if it was just spent in doors eating all the chocolates). Before I get back to the grind I just want to share a little bit of my Easter weekend with you all. It didn't get off to the best start I fell very ill a few days before we were due to go and really thought for a moment I would have to cancel, but luckily I managed to pull through and we made it. Read on to find out how amazing our weekend really was...


So it all started on Easter Sunday we set off from London to Beaconsfield in Buckinghamshire. Never been to Buckinghamshire before but my boyfriends Mother is from there so he knows the area very well which was handy. We pulled up to the hotel around 3pm and couldn't believe our eyes. We have been lucky enough to stay in some of the worlds most luxurious 5 star hotels, and have stayed in my fair share of nice hotels in the UK too,  but I can honestly say I have never seen anywhere here and abroad that was like The Crazy Bear. 
(Even the name did it for me). 



For anyone who isn't familiar with the hotel, The Crazy Bear is a luxury hotel chain owned by 'The Crazy Bear Group'. There are currently only two hotels in the UK, one in Beaconsfield which opened in 2008 (newest of the two) and the other in Stadhampton, the original hotel which first opened in 1993. The Crazy Bear group also own a restaurant/bar in Fitzrovia, London also with the same name, and same glamorous style and this opened in 2004. 


We arrived to the lovely lady at the reception check in desk who went through a few of the bear necessities (see what I did there?) before she showed us to our suite. There is a choice of 32 rooms in the hotel ranging from standard single and double no frills rooms to grand suites. We opted for a superior room  (as it was a special occasion) 

Every room in the hotel has a different theme and different décor to go with it. The most popular room option was the one we stayed in called 'Superior 10'. I have seen a few people I know post photos of this suite before, so think it is one of the more popular rooms. 


There are lots of lovely rooms and suites to choose from all varying in price so why not go on their website and find which one you like the best. 

Here are just a few more photos of our room and the facilities offered to us. Enjoy.... 





So now you have had a little tour of the room lets talk about all the other fantastic on site facilities the hotel has starting with the restaurants and bars. 



 
The hotel in Beaconsfield has 2 main restaurants, one which is called 'English Restaurant' the other a 'Thai Restaurant' which of course serves English and Thai food. It has one large large bar area and a terrace outside with covered seating and also seating outside by a large pool area. We opted to dine in the English Restaurant, and I fell in love with it as soon as we were handed our a la carte menu (available every day from midday to 10pm). I opted for the 'Selection of Mini Loaves' to start, The 'Fillet Steak & Hand cooked chips' for my main and the 'Chocolate Cookie Sundae' as a treat for dessert. All were equally as delicious as each other and the wine chosen complimented all dishes perfectly. Unfortunately I was so hungry I forgot to get some photos of the meal before, but did manage to get a sneaky photo of the wine and prosseco. 




Here are some more photographs of the bar area, and the terrace outside which we sat in after our meal, it was really lovely and very relaxing. (I could have easily fallen asleep on the comfy seats)





Overall our stay at The Crazy Bear Hotel exceeded all expectation. The staff made us feel extremely welcome and catered to our every needs. The hotel itself was decorated beautifully and it really felt like a luxury holiday even though it was a couple of hours from London. I would give this hotel a 9 out of 10 and would definitely recommend staying here to anyone who likes unusual themed hotels with a bit of money to spend. 

Comments

Popular Posts