2016 Trips||Planning Ahead

Most of you are aware now that this weekend was a special one where I finally got my travel on. (For those who don't know I jetted off to Vienna for my other half's birthday). My GTG Readers will probably also know that I LOVE to plan my up and coming trips abroad WELL in advance. (I'm talking months, sometimes years here) I like to be well equipped with local knowledge when entering a new country for the first time, and usually plan my daily itinerary before I've even set foot on the plane- It gets me more excited for the trip I find.

As I haven't mentioned where I am planning to travel after Vienna yet I thought now was the perfect time to do so. I usually travel with my boyfriend and because we both have full time jobs with quite limited holidays (we both work for the same company and have to take mandatory holiday during the Christmas period), we usually only get around 16 days or 2 full weeks and 2 days for our holiday, without Christmas break every year (and not including weekends).  

We usually decide to break this up into smaller long weekends away rather than one big 2 week holiday, we find this works better for us as we get to spend more time together in different countries throughout the year. Last year we managed to squeeze in 4 city breaks and 1 beach holiday, not including mini breaks we take here back home in the UK. We always go away for our Birthdays (April & October) which is our little tradition now, and usually aim to have one beach holiday during the summer (July/ August), we also go away for Christmas/New year so its usually spreads itself out quite well during the year.


This year I don't just want to stick to places in Europe (like last year) I want to travel further a field. Read on to find out my Travel Plans for 2016, (which are all subject to change).


VIENNA- 22ND-25TH APRIL 2016
(3 NIGHTS, 4 DAYS)
Photo Credit: Flickr/Boaz
Every year as mentioned above we go away during our Birthday months to celebrate somewhere new. Last year we went to Barcelona in April and Rome in October. Each year we each pick a new city to explore, this year my other half chose Vienna, as it is somewhere he has wanted to visit for ages. I have done a couple posts on Vienna recently you can read them here and here

Where we want to stay: We have had a look about on various websites at most of the 5 star hotels in the city centre. Here's the ones we narrowed it down to. 


1. Grand Hotel Wien (The Hotel we actually stayed in)
Photo Credit: travelhotelvideo


2. Topazz 
Photo Credit: booking.com


3. Park Hyatt Vienna 
Photo Credit: cntraveler.com


4. Radisson BLU Style Hotel, Vienna 
Photo Credit: hotels.com


Things we want to see/do:
1. Ringstrasse Boulevard
Photo Credit: aeiou.at
2. Schonbrunn Palace

3. Australian Parliament Building


Photo Credit: expedia
 4. St Stephens Cathedral


Photo Credit: en.r8lst.com
 5. Prater


Photo Credit: wien.info



 DUBAI-  16TH-27TH JULY 2016
(11 NIGHTS, 12 DAYS)
Photo Credit: onhotels.com
So as mentioned above in the intro myself & my travel buddy boyfriend usually aim to take 1 main holiday per year as well as the other little mini breaks. Last year we spent time in Tenerife, it was pure luxury. This year we are pulling out all the stops and going for it big in Dubai. Neither of us have been but we have lots of friends who have and each give it raving reviews, so we thought why not see it for ourselves this summer? 

Where we want to stay: Here are our top 3, 5 star hotels we are considering at the moment. 

1.The Palace Downtown, Dubai 


Photo Credit: arabiaescapes

2. Shangri- La Hotel, Dubai 


Photo Credit: Flickr


3.The Oberoi, Dubai 


Photo Credit: info-emirates

Things we want to see/do: 

1. Burj Khalifa


Photo Credit: alldubai

2. Burj Al Arab


Photo Credit: Daily Mail

3. The Dubai Mall


Photo Credit: 3indubai

4. Visit Palm Islands


Photo Credit: Youtube.com

5. Spend loads of time in the Dubai Marina


Photo Credit: Youtube.com



VENICE-19TH-21ST OCTOBER 2016
(3 NIGHTS)
Photo Credit: casabemboasolo


Last year I was lucky enough to have spent my Birthday in Rome, it was my first ever visit to Italy and boy did it exceed all expectations, from the beautiful landmarks to the amazing Italian food I just couldn't get enough of the place. Rome is officially now my most favourite city in the world, all thanks to that special trip last October. Whilst we are hoping to return one day (very soon), for this year's birthday I want to keep up the tradition of spending it in Italy but I am hoping to stay somewhere a bit different, and Venice is on my mind at the moment. It is one place I have had on my personal bucket list since well forever, and every single person I know who has visited cannot get enough of the place. We have already started thinking about flights (I know we are so keen) and accommodation, here's a few hotels I already have in mind and some of the things I want to do whilst there...

Where we want to stay: Our top 3, 5 star hotels in Venice. 

1. Hotel Danieli, (A Luxury Collection Hotel)

Photo Credit: Luisa Batalha

2. The Westin Europa and Regina

Photo Credit: hotels.com


3. Centurion Palace, (Small Luxury Hotel's of the world)

Photo Credit: inspiredluxuryescapes

Things we want to see/do:

1. Gondola ride through Grand Canal

Photo Credit: Pinterest

2. Piazza San Marco

Photo Credit: 7 themes

3. Doge's Palace

Photo Credit: alisonchino.com

4. Bridge of Sighs

Photo Credit: Destination 360

5. Santa Maria Della Salute

Photo Credit: geolocation


NEW YORK- 19TH- 24TH) NOVEMBER 2016
(5 NIGHTS, 6 DAYS)

Photo Credit: Iwallscreen

New York, New York- yet another amazing city on my bucket list, and also my dream destination for 2016 (You can read about that here). I feel like I am the only person in the world to have not been yet, I very nearly did get the chance to go last year for a family wedding, but unfortunately plans changed. So this year I have made the big decision to book my plane ticket to the Big Apple for the end of the year, and I cannot wait! Here's some things I want to visit whilst there, if anyone has any other suggestions you must let me know before I go. 

Where I want to stay: 

1. W New York- Times Square


Photo Credit: Trip Advisor


2. Waldorf Astoria New York 


Photo Credit: Money.cnn


3. Park Lane Hotel on Central Park 


Photo Credit: parklanenewyork

Things I want to do/see: 

1. Statue of Liberty


Photo Credit: flickr

2. Times Square


Photo Credit: travelercorner


3. Broadway 


Photo Credit: tyffanie

4. Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge


Photo Credit: manzara


5. Visit the Rockefeller centre


Photo Credit: popista

6. 9/11 Memorial


Photo Credit: inexhibit



So there we have just a few places on my 2016 travel list. It is certainly shaping up to be a very exciting and memorable year. I'm glad I got to start in Vienna, which was an amazing place to explore and one I highly recommend you all put on your bucket lists for this year. Please come back and visit GTG next month to see what we got up to in the Austria capital. 

Comments

Popular Posts