An Inspired Post:My Ultimate Long Haul Bucket List

Recently myself and other half have complied a bucket list of LONG HAUL destinations we want to visit within the next few years. We are trying to expand our adventures over seas and feel we have covered a lot of Europe in our 3 years of being together. We have only ever been on one long haul trip together and that is New York City. We are due to return to the States next month for my boyfriends 30th Birthday, and it has got us thinking about where else we might like to go this year. We have both decided our next holiday must be an island holiday, and we both have a few islands we are desperate to visit, so we complied a few lists, read below to find out what places have made my personal list and the reasons for wanting to visit these places. 




1. Barbados-First on my list is the Caribbean Island, Barbados. Barbados is somewhere I am desperate to get to, my parents got married on this island (in Hastings to be more specific) 27 years ago & one year before I was born. They are going back to the island this year, (in June on their anniversary) for the first time since their wedding all those years ago to have their photos taken and meet with the minister who took their blessing on their wedding day 27 years ago. It is going to be such a special holiday for them and I honestly cannot wait to see the photos. I am hoping one day I can take my boyfriend to the island that means so much to our family. 


photo credit: booking.com

2. Las Vegas- This is another place I really want to visit, my boyfriend has been here a few times with his friends and honestly the place sounds amazing. I really want to stay in one of the cool themed hotels. We have been talking about our trip to the states next year and have briefly mentioned about taking a few days out to stay in Las Vegas. I am hoping our funds and timing out there will allow it. 


Photo Credit: supremeclubtours.com

3. The Maldives- Third on my list is The beautiful islands of The Maldives. Most of the places on my list are inspired by my wonderful parents, who have been on many luxurious island holidays in their life time, The Maldives are another special place to them. They have been 6 times now and have celebrated various birthdays and wedding anniversaries here. They go back to the same Island resort 'Kuredu' every time they go as they have made so many friends on the island in the workers and other holiday makers who also come back. 


Kuredu Island Resort- The Maldives
Photo Credit: kuredu.com

4. Mauritius- My father celebrated his 60th birthday here last year and to mark the milestone my parents both flew out here to celebrate. As much as I would love to have gone but unfortunately due to work commitments couldn't get the time off. I did however plan their trip for them and found so many lovely hotels which I would have loved to stay in myself. This island is beautiful and seems so relaxing and luxurious, that is why it makes number 4 on my list. 


Photo Credit: sivaggla.it

5. Orlando, Florida- USA
I have chosen Orlando, Florida as my last place on my long haul bucket list. This is a place I would like to one day visit once I have a family. I want to visit Walt Disney World and do all the theme parks as well as Universal Studios, and I feel this would be a fantastic place to visit as a family. This isn't on my immediate bucket list, but I did visit here as a child and also Paris Disneyland and remember it being the best memories of my childhood, so would love to one day make my own magical memories with my own children. 

Photo Credit; Travel + Leisure


So that brings me to the end of my 'Ultimate Long Haul Bucket List' hopefully in the next few years I can start ticking some these amazing places off.  

Comments

Popular Posts