Monthly Round Up||May




Hello friends (and you newbies who are only just getting to grips with GTG) here I am to celebrate the end of yet another wonderfully busy month. We are so near to waving goodbye to yet another season, I for one cannot wait to celebrate the start of summer. (The weather is bloody atrocious today- summer where are you?) I have been super busy at work recently, and as a result of this haven't managed to schedule many posts on the site as I would have liked this month- boohoo, but hopefully with a bit of forward planning (and a bit more me time scheduled) for the next up and coming month. I am hoping to get lots of great posts out there for you, as a way of making up for my lack of content this month!  

Before I can do that, here's a catch up of what you may have missed this month (Remember you can also subscribe to my weekly newsletter emails for more juicy updates.. want to know how? Drop me an email). 


-Favourite Posts from Glam Travel Guide- 

So as I sort of mentioned in the intro above, I haven't been around on the blog as much this month- due to a busy period at work and a very very busy period at home. I managed to get a few interesting posts out there, which I am hoping you all loved. Here's a little reminder in case you missed one (or if you are a new reader).




Pretty much says it all in the title I think you will agree? For a long time now I have this thing whereby I seem to visit a Hard Rock Cafe restaurant/shop in each country I end up visiting. (Not really hard thing to do, as there is SO many of them) So before I lost track completely of where I have been I thought I would put together a little top 5 post on some of my favourites. For those who haven't got the time to read the post, I can tell you now my favourite was the one in Tenerife (You really should read the post to find out why though).

Bit of a long winded title- sorry, and another one with a pretty obvious clue as to what the post is about. I am still currently advertising for Guest Posters and Advertisers so please do check out this post and act accordingly.




A Birthday Trip|| Vienna, Austria


This one was actually scheduled for last month, but for some annoying reason the editing software I usually use to edit my photos (Abode Lightroom for anyone wondering) had deleted itself from my PC. Anyway to cut a long story short I promised to have it on the blog this month, so here it is again. Hope you enjoyed reading what I got up to in Vienna last month. Seriously wishing someone could take me back there right now- The UK sucks big time at the moment! 






-The Borough's of London||Southwark, Part 3-



My latest instalment of my London Borough tour series. I am loving writing these little posts so far, and have managed to squeeze so much sight seeing searching for places near where I live. I feel like a tourist in my own home town and it is great. We have discovered so many nice bars and restaurants along the way too. Hope you enjoy following me around Dulwich in this post. 

-Other posts I am loving this month - 


Photo Credit: World of Wanderlust

'Top 10 Islands in the World' by A Luxury Travel Blog


Photo Credit: The Luxury Travel Blog


'5 Travel Essentials for your Next Trip' by Sarah Rainer for Bloglovin' The Edit


Photo Credit: Sarah Rainer//Bloglovin' The Edit

'How to pick yourself up after a failure' by Living for the Now


Photo Credit: Living for the now


'Travelling to Tokyo in Luxury for the Vacation of Your Dreams' by Suitcase Stories


Photo Credit: Suitcase Stories





Photo Credit: Travelletes


-Changes to some blog content- 

Okay so at the beginning of this year, I set out on a quest to plan out my blog content. As the months went on I soon realised that I couldn't juggle a full time job & writing a blog at the same time. (Sad but true as you FTW's out there know) So it is with a really heavy heart to have to say that I am going to have to start making cut backs on content or plan my posts differently at the very least. 

I am my most happiest when all my posts are scheduled and planned for each month in advance, unfortunately this is starting to fall out of place (especially in the summer when I am really busy with work and vacations) so Instead of having set days for set posts, I am going to try and randomise them. I will still try to keep to my series (in some sort of order) but I won't be able to post every single week, I am going to try and Aim for around 4/5 decent sized posts per month (this will depend on current work outside of the blogging world). I hope you can all understand that my reasons for making cut backs is to keep my blog fresh, exciting and still relevant to you all. I hope I haven't upset anyone too much, and if you do have any suggestions for posts you want to see on here please do get in touch with me. 


-Events in May-

So as I KEEP mentioning I have been pretty busy with work lately, this means I haven't managed to fit in much social time. My boyfriend did however surprise me when he booked me and our other friends (who are also a couple) with a mini double date night in London. He paid for our hotel which was in the London Marriott County Hall and we had an amazing room which overlooked the London Eye. 

I was treated to a shopping spree on London's famous shopping street the one and only Oxford Street & a lovely evening at Gaucho's (my favourite steak restaurant of all time) where cocktails in Central London followed. Even though we didn't venture outside of our home town, I still felt very special and spoiled. I love spending time in great hotels, whether they be at home or abroad and can't recommend the Marriott enough. (Especially the location & Food). It just felt so good to get out and explore our city together. 

Here's some photo's I got of our weekend in London. 
























So there we have my latest round up post for the month of May. What sort of things did you enjoy doing this month, were you a busy bee like myself? Would love to know how you all got on. 


Comments

Popular Posts