Friday Favourites|| 17th June 2016


It's that time of the week again, the one we all love FRIDAY!! Who already had that Friday feeling? This weeks been a bit of a quiet week but it has gone so quick. Cannot believe we are nearly at the end of the month and well into summer now (without the sunny weather). Here is a round up of all the things I have been doing & loving this week... 



1. Bootea 


So you may remember last Friday I spoke about going on a teatox using Bootea. Well I am 6 days into the teatox now and I'm a bit disappointed so far. I have done everything the instructions tell me and I'm just feeling the same. I haven't even had any of the nasty side effects from the night time tea like most people on the reviews spoke about. I'm sitting here feeling slightly confused as to why it costs so much money and does so little? I'm hoping that by taking the next lot and continuing my healthy eating plus my exercise I will see some kind of results by the end of the course, otherwise sorry Bootea I will not be buying you again. Next Friday I should be near enough at the end of my whole 14 day course so I will do a round up review and let you all know how much I have lost (if anything)

2. Healthy Eating Plan (Part 2)

Continuing on from last week my healthy eating is going quite well, and I think I am quite enjoying it this week. Last week it took a bit of getting used to, especially taking into account how time consuming meal prepping and cooking can be, but I purchased a new healthy cook book this weekend (Lean in 15:15 minute meals by Joe Wicks)  and I'm loving whats in the book so far- just need to master the cooking it part now.  Here's what I have been eating and preparing this week. 



From Top Left: (1) Beef Tacos, (2) Scrambled Eggs and Tomatoes sprinkled with black pepper served with 2 slices of wholemeal toast with edam cheese and parma ham. (3) Chicken stuffed Avocado. (4)  Feta Cheese and Tuna Rainbow Salad. (5) Chicken and Mushroom Tagliatelle served with apple, celery and beetroot salad sprinkled with pine nuts.  



3. Wedding Outfit

From misspap £15.00 Black Lace off the shoulder set

I have been invited to a colleagues wedding reception this Saturday evening and didn't really want to shell out loads of money for a new outfit (which I know I will only end up wearing once) so instead thought I would get something which I can wear multiple times. So I have opted for a suit this time, I saw this one recently and fell in love with it and really wanted to get it and as its only £15.00 I thought ah why not. (It also comes in Nude). Turns out it looks better than any dress I have seen so far, and I cannot wait to dress it up for the wedding with a pair of heels and a nice clutch bag (at least I know I will be comfy and I wont have to really do my fake tan!). I think it the perfect outfit for an evening celebration, what do you think? 


4. Wedding Present 

From Very.co.uk £7.99 
So of course I cannot turn up to a Wedding Reception without a present or a card. The Bride and Groom had already stated that they didn't want gifts or money for a gift, as they didn't really need anything but I thought it would be nice to buy them a little keep sake instead. I purchased this little Wooden Plaque from Very.co.uk it was only £7.99 which I thought was very reasonable considering the quality and time it took to get to my house (Next day).  I also decided to have a pretty card made for the couple, I think handmade cards are always just that little bit more thoughtful than if you was to buy any old one from a shop. I brought mine on Ebay and got it personalised for the couple. 



5. Summer Holiday 

Photo Credit: 
So summer is finally here, and what a complete disappointment it has been weather wise so far, agree? Well its a perfect excuse to get ourselves out of the country so me and my other half are off to Marbella for 9 days (If its good enough for the TOWIE lot, its good enough for us right?). This is our main summer holiday, if you like, we haven't been anywhere since Vienna in April so we are really looking forward to a nice break away. We have booked to go next month on the 6th of July. I will be doing one of my usual big summer holiday planning posts with all the details of our holiday on there very soon in case you fancy copying us this year so look out for that one coming soon. Where have you planned to go this year? 


So there we have it another 5 things ticked off my favourites list for this week. Enjoy your weekend whatever you get up and try not to party too hard! See you here again next Friday for more fav's. 


Comments

Popular Posts