Friday Favourites||10th June 2016


Happy Friday lovelies! Feels like an age since I did a proper decent Friday Favourites post like the good old days. This Friday is a happy one for me as in approx. 30 minutes time I get to leave the stresses of the office behind and head in the car on a road trip to Norfolk for the weekend. I am quite excited to be getting out of London and to explore the countryside and Norfolk is some where I have never ventured to before, so lets hope for at least one full day of sunshine (Hello British Summertime) Before I check out for the weekend I want to share with you all what I have been loving this week.

Enjoy your weekend all and see you when I return next week.


1. Norfolk 


Norfolk is obviously going to be number one on the list today. It is somewhere I don't really know much about as I have never had the opportunity to visit but soon I will be on my way up there. Hopefully the weather will be nice and I can get some nice photos of the scenery which I am told is lovely! I love little country visits and would like to schedule some more into my future weekends this year. Watch this space! 

Photo Credit: macadventure

2. Bootea 


For those that don't know what Bootea is it is basically a brand of teatox. According to the Internet the daytime detox (morning tea) is to be taken as soon as you wake up, it contains a whole host of different herbs which all do different things to detox the body, and it also contains a touch of caffeine which is to leave you feeling motivated and refreshed each day. 

You are then supposed to take the night time detox (night tea) every OTHER day starting from day 1 of the detox. This tea contains Senna Leaves which are a laxative and this is supposed to help clear you out of any toxins in your body which in turn helps you loose weight. You are supposed to use this Bootea detox along side a healthy eating and exercise plan. There is no gaurentee it will work on its own. Girls please also be aware it can affect the pill if you take your pill during the morning. It only warns you about this side effect on their website, not their packaging so Beware! 

I am planing to start my Teatox this Monday when I return back from Norfolk. I am slightly dreading it and also slightly excited to see if it will work. I will follow with updates next week after I have finished my first full week on it. 


3. Health Meal Plans


So as mentioned in my Bootea explanation above you must make sure you eat healthy and excersise regularly alongside doing the teatox. So this week I have been getting my body ready for the big changes coming up. So this week I made a lovely healthy Chicken and Sweet Potato salad (1), Chicken and wholegrain rice super salad with low fat vinaigrette (2)  for lunch last week I had pitta bread with Chicken, Avocado and Cheese inside with a little drizzle of low fat mayo. (3) And finally for dinner last night I made Chicken in a Chinese sauce with salad, Potatoes both Sweet and Normal half an Avocado and Mango sprinkled on top of the salad- I think this one was my favourite meal so far. (4)

As you can tell there is a bit of a theme going on here, Chicken! I love Chicken so much especially with loads of healthy veggies.  If anyone has any quick healthy Chicken recipes I would love to get some ideas off of you. 


4. Make Up 




Usually when I have achieved something I am proud of I reward myself with food, often of the fast variety. As I need to steer clear of all things unhealthy I thought this month I would treat myself to some new make up bits. I mean why just focus on the body? the face needs some love too! So above are a couple of my purchases. I loveee MAC make up its become a bit of an obsession recently and I have to usually avoid any shop which sells MAC at all costs, but this month I was in my element. Who else loves a bit of MAC? 




5. Duster Coat

'Eloise Belted Duster' in Beige £15.00 from Boohoo.com

I have been looking EVERYWHERE for ages for one of these bad boys! And finally this week I found my dream Duster Coat, and for the bargain price of just £15.00. This one was Purchased from Boohoo.com and comes in 3 colours, Beige, Black and Mocha. I love wearing it at the moment because It is light for when its sunny and if you need a coat for when its not quite 27 degrees out it goes as well.  I love that it is smart so you can wear it with heels during the evening, or long boots and a dress/skirt or jeans/smart trousers for when you are at work. It literally goes with everything!!! Log on and buy yourself one girls you wont regret it! (and if you download the App on your phone you can get discount)


So there we have it a few things I have been loving (and purchasing) this month! I am sorry in advance for the lack of posts again but I am busy with a few which will be scheduled in the next few weeks. Until then I am so determined to kick start my healthier lifestyle this month.. who else is with me?

Comments

Popular Posts