London||M Restaurant, Victoria Street

Back again with a current update all about another wonderful place I have been lucky enough to visit this month in London. You may remember my review last month of the M Restaurant- Threadneedle Street, (if not you can catch up hereand you may also remember me saying I would be visiting their other restaurant in Victoria Street soon too. Well it was indeed very soon, because I spent last Saturday evening in there with my partner and we had a very lovely time indeed. So here I am, to tell you all about it, (and to tell you to book up and go yourselves.)


The Restaurant: 

This restaurant is located at Victoria Street, a short walk away from Victoria Station. This is the second restaurant to have opened out of the two and the magic of this restaurant is, that it also has an amazing Wine Store which is the entrance to the actual main eating area (and pictured above)

I actually did have a little wonder round the shop as my table was still being set up, and honestly if you about your luxury wines this shop is going to be right up your street. I am a simple White Wine, or Rose lover so the whole experience was a bit wasted on me, but it was fun trying to have a go at saying all the names and looking at some of the price tags. 


Inside the Wine Store, Victoria St
Photo Credit: hospitalityandcateringnews.com
Eventually we did get called in to take our seats, and it was quite busy on the Saturday we went so we didn't really end up with the best pick, (unlike my previous M experience, where we had a whole dining room to ourselves). I understood this was part of the whole experience so didn't make too much of a fuss about it, the chairs were still comfortable and we still had a nice overall view of the restaurant. I love the fact that the decor is slightly different, giving both restaurants their own identities, but also not forgetting the M brand which was always in the back of my mind. Both designs in both are lovely though very modern, sophisticated, but sadly not as quirky as Gaucho's cow print theme. I couldn't pick a favourite design as I liked them both for different reasons, and though they fitted in really well with the interior space. 


Seating area at M Victoria Street
Photo Credit: hospitalityandcateringnews.com


What we ate: 

The Menu's at both restaurants from what I can remember are virtually the same. They both serve breakfast, lunch/ brunch and dinner but at Threadneedle Street you get the choice to also take away. This is something only exclusive to this restaurant for the time being, but I am sure it wont be long until Victoria Street offers the same service.  

Photo Credit: Twitter
On this occasion I choose from their 'Grill Menu'. I opted for the following: 


Starter:
Buttermilk Fried Chicken| with Firecracker sauce, Pickles and Bread £10.50 

Main: 
Blackmore Wagyu Grade 9++ Beef|Inside Skirt 250g £33.00
with M Chips|Triple Cooked £4.50 

Dessert: 
Pavlova|Strawberry Marshmellows, Blueberry Meringue, Basil Ice Cream £7.50

We let our really helpful waiter recommend some lovely wines for us throughout the evening.- Make sure you always ask what compliments each dish, they are always on hand to help.

Buttermilk Chicken- Starter
M Steak 
The Verdict: 

My little tour of the M Restaurants has been so memorable. 
Food, fun and fantastic wine- what more could a girl ask for? But now it is crunch time and I have to decide which one I prefer so....

 Although I loved this particular restaurant (at Victoria Street), I am going to have to say I preferred my visit at their other one, (located on Threadneedle street) just that little bit more. Not only for the service which was impeccable throughout, but also simply because the restaurant is more conveniently located for me personally. I had a nice meal at both restaurants (make sure you order the Buttermilk Chicken starter when you visit), both meals were cooked to perfection and we was really well looked after. I will be honest though and say that I enjoyed my dessert- The Pavlova slightly more at the Victoria branch, (the cucumber on the dessert I had at Threadneedle Street just didn't do it for me at that time!).

In terms of service it was quite a bit slower than what we had received at the Threadneedle Street restaurant, but I think this is mainly put down to the fact that we had our own private dining area with our own waiters who were solely looking after us. So of course I can understand and sympathise with the guys at Victoria Street on that one, but the food did come out slower here unlike at Threadneedle St, even though there were more of us dining there! 

So there we have it my experience at BOTH M Restaurants summed up into two review posts. I would 100% go back to both restaurants as I think the food served was lovely. Have you been their yourself? If so what did you order? 

Comments

Popular Posts