Happy New Year|| A Pick of the best GTG posts from 2016

So this is it!! 2016 is nearly over, who else is a bit sad? I know I am, this year was another great one, I have lots of fantastic memories made and managed to fit in a little bit of travel in which I am always so grateful for. I thought I would write this separate little round up post, just to get an overview of all the great things GTG has done/seen and posted about in 2016, and to let you in to a few little secrets of whats to come for 2017. 




Jan-April 

I think this may have been my most favourite months in 2016 especially on 'GTG'. I always look forward to a new year, I feel this is where I am the most creative with my writing and content planning. (I always start out with really good intentions to plan posts each week, and then by April that usually goes out the window- this is something I will try harder with in 2017). I love setting out fresh new ideas during January and I love flicking through new photos ready to edit them for my up and coming posts. This is most probably why, January-April looks the best content wise. With that in mind here a few highlights from January- April this year... what was your favourite post from this period, and why? 
May-August

This was an exciting period of the year, we went on our main summer's holiday in August this year which was fantastic! A real highlight of our year. I also began to get very busy at work and couldn't dedicate as much time to the blog, as I am sure you will notice. My content got less frequent but I always try to stick by the phrase 'Quality over Quantity' I am someone who HATES rushing posts, just to get them out there. I like to take my time, choose my wording & images carefully and give my readers something amazing to read (even it does take me a little extra time to do so). Here are some of my favourite pieces from May-August of this year.


May: Hard Rock Cafes around the World||Top 5




June: America|| The best sights in New York City (and how to get there)




July: London|| Sushi Samba



August: Summers Holiday|| Ibiza to Marbella

Photo Credit: Transcontinental
September-December 

So these last few months of the year haven't been so busy here on this blog, but I did have a few new ideas on how to expand 'Glam Travel Guide', and so I created a sister blog (on september 29th to be exact) which can be found here , and this one is more review based. I have posted quite a few restaurant and bar reviews, mainly in London on here so take a look if you get a spare minute.  
I also got to visit the wonderful Vienna for my 26th Birthday in October, and it is one of my favourite European Cities to date! I urge EVERYONE to take a trip there, you won't be disappointed. 
Please take a look at my favourite posts I wrote towards the end of 2016. I hope you have enjoyed my round up of favourites, what did you like/dislike? and what would you like to see more of next year? 


What in store for 2017?

-Blogging-

Design and the new blog: 
 In 2017 ideally want to carry on creating amazing content on both blogs, I also want to freshen up both designs on my blogs & maybe give both blogs new domain's. This is something I always like to do each year, to keep you lot interested still and to hopefully attract some more new readers!. I feel like I have really neglected the design side of things recently, because I have just been so busy with other projects, this is top of my list going in to 2017 for sure. 

Content:
 I don't really have too much of an idea of blogging content at this point, I am going to hopefully try and finish off pieces from 2016 I didn't get round to, and maybe throw in a few new ideas as and when! So stay on the look out for new content. (I cannot promise I will blog every week, see blow for why. But I can promise what I do create will still be the same great content you are all accustomed to, and of course I will keep my guest post opportunities open all year round! 

-Career-
 So next year is going to be a BIG year for me career wise! I am still working in a busy office in Canary Wharf, London at the moment (that will always be my full time job), but I am going to be setting up my own design property company with my boyfriend on the side (with hope this will become our full time jobs eventually). As well as this, I am currently studying for my Level 2 AAT in Accounting. I am nearly at the end of my course and have passed 4/5 exams so far.  If I pass my last exam this will mean I will then become a fully qualified Bookkeeper. I will be using this new qualification to start my own freelance Bookkeeping service, and I will also run all our accounts for our new business too. 

-Travel- 
I am hoping to still find a few hours a week to be able to blog and keep you all updated with my travel plans & future travel plans. Obviously I won't have as many next year as money will be tight,  so that is why New York this month is going to be a BIG trip for us both!!. I am still hoping to schedule a few more little city breaks away throughout the year, and of course our annual summers holiday which hopefully is on the cards too. I will of course keep you posted will all travel plans on this blog next year!!! 


So there we have a little yearly update with whats been happening with me, and what to expect for 2017.  I hope you have all had a wonderful 2016, thank you so much for continuing to keep being such wonderful followers of GTG and I hope you will continue to carry on my journey with me next year.  

Comments

Popular Posts