Luxury Hotels in Europe:A Personal Experience

I started this blog off in 2012 with the hope that I would some day be able to afford to stay in some of the worlds most amazing luxury 5 star hotels. It's no secret that I am not someone who can do the whole backing/hostel thing, obviously I understand everyone has their budgets and if you are back packing you will want to tour everywhere you can so hostels are a good option, but for someone who is not a light packer, and is often an anxious guest hostels really just don't do it for me! 

I have always liked the finer things in life, and have worked really hard to upkeep my love for nice things. I am really lucky because I have found someone who also works hard and enjoys this lifestyle and together we have been really fortunate to have stayed in some of the best places in the continent. Due to both working full time (my boyfriend also own's two businesses), our holiday allowances (or lack of) means we can rarely take lots of time off for travelling.  We have stayed in some of the most luxurious places in Europe and I want to document them here in this little round up post, because I would recommend each and every hotel to you and have never had a bad experience in any. 

So if you are looking for fantastic 5 star luxury hotels in Europe this year, this may just be a post which catches your eye! 




IBEROSTAR GRAND HOTEL EL MIRADOR
*****
Costa Adeje, Tenerife



We stayed in the luxury 5 star Adult Only Iberostar Grand Hotel el Mirador in August 2015 for 10 nights on a half board basis. We were given one of their standard Double Queen rooms with our own private balcony complete with its own ocean view. 
The hotel was mentioned in this post ''Tenerife||Part One'' and  ''Tenerife||Part Two''. I would recommend this hotel to couples, and adults. It is not suitable for families as it is an over 18's only hotel. This is my favourite hotel out of all featured in this post. Average prices per room per night are 197 euros. 

All prices, room info and facility info can be found on both the blog posts linked above or here.




HOTEL SPLENDIDE ROYAL
*****

Rome, Tenerife


This lovely little 5 star hotel welcomed us on the weekend of my 25th Birthday in October 2015. Rome has made a very big impression on me and still to this day I consider it one of my all time favourite places to visit. A lot of that love comes from this amazing hotel we stayed in, and If I am lucky enough to ever see Rome again I will most definitely be booking myself into the Splendide Royal again. Not only was it decorated beautifully it was in one of the best locations right slap bang amongst the action. So if you are visiting Rome soon and wondering which hotel to stay in, read all about this one here and let me know when you have booked! 


THE SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND HOTEL
*****

Amsterdam, The Netherlands


We stayed at the 5 star Sofitel Legend, The Grand Hotel for new years eve in 2015, and although my overall view of the city wasn't that great, I have to say this Hotel really redeemed the city for me. I wouldn't go back to Amsterdam (you can find out why in the linked post), but I would definitely stay in this hotel. This is the first time we have ever upgraded to a suite and since doing so have never looked back since. Read all about our amazing suite, and why I wasn't so keen on Amsterdam here


THE CRAZY BEAR HOTEL
*****

Buckinghamshire,The United Kingdom


You only have to take one look at the photo above to see just how luxurious this hotel is. We stayed here during Easter Weekend last year (2016). This hands down was THE best hotel we have stayed in, in the UK. For anyone who has been here, you will know what I am talking about when I say 'You have to see it, to believe it'. How they can install such decadence into one hotel I will never know, but what I do know is this place is really popular. You may have to book months in advance like we did. Prices start from £199.00 for 1 bedroom, and all rooms/suites are themed. Their website is really good to look at, and all their rooms will make you wish they were your bedrooms. Read this post for a better understanding of our time spent here. 


SENATOR BANUS SPA HOTEL
*****

Estepona, Spain 


This 5 star hotel was one of our more recent stays, we stayed here on our Summers holiday back in August last year. We stayed here for 10 nights and stayed in a standard double room for 7 nights, we then decided to upgrade for an extra 150 euros per night, and rented out one of their penthouse suite's for the remaining 3 nights of our stay, it was such a special place we honestly didn't want to leave! I won't spoil the details, you will need to read all about the holiday and our amazing penthouse here.



VIENNA MARRIOTT HOTEL
*****

Vienna, Austria 


This was another birthday trip (I am so lucky aren't I), and was my first time staying in a Marriott. I loved this hotel, it had so much to do and many great restaurants/places to eat inside too. We stayed in one of their suites and it was really lovely. It certainly made for a memorable birthday trip. I was completely spoilt staying in this hotel. Read all about how I spent my 26th birthday in Vienna in this post ''My-26th Birthday||Vienna, Austria'' and why I would definitely book this hotel again. 


 MARRIOTT MARQUIS HOTEL
****

New York City, USA  


Well what a hotel to round off  this post. Okay so it isn't quite a 5 star like the rest, but in my eyes it is certainly up there with the best of them. We opted for another Marriott Hotel and again were left feeling like we made the right choice. This hotel was busy, as it was right on Broadway but the service was fantastic from start to finish, and the room was so nice we didn't even want to upgrade to a suite this time. Massive points to Marriott for your excellent hotels, and I hope I get to experience some more stays in future. Read all about NYC (Part 1) here


So that brings me to the end of my post. I hope you have enjoyed reading this post just as much as I have enjoyed revisiting each of the hotels listed above. If anyone has any questions that you feel hasn't be covered in any of the linked posts or this one, please so feel free to comment or email me. I would be happy to help.  

Comments

Popular Posts