Weekly Round Up: Friday 13th January 2017

 As someone who works full time Monday to Friday AND has to study around this Fridays and the weekends are so crucial to me at the moment, they are sort of a celebration, time I can have to myself to re coup and relax a little, so I want to start posting again on Friday's mainly to let you know what I have been up to during the week. I have decided to change the concept a bit and want to add my loves AND my hates for the week which has just been. So here is my very first Loves & Hates for 2017! What have you loved and hated about this week? and what are you plans for the weekend? do let me know in the comments. 


Loves 

1. Travel planning 

Thought I'd start with this one as it is the only thing I've done this week which relates to this blog. Myself and my other half have decided we are going to give a Skiing holiday a go this year! My partner has been skiing 6 times in all different countries including Canada's beautiful Whistler (so jealous), and I have been only once myself in France a few years ago but always been keen to return. So we both want to give it another go together this time. I am definitely going to have beginner lessons this time and my partner wants to learn Snow boarding so will no doubt book a few lessons.

 We have decided we want to go somewhere we both haven't visited yet, so have gone for Geneva. We are looking up the best ski resorts at the moment because we are hoping to book everything in the next few weeks. We have plans to hit the slopes beginning of next month. So if anyone has been Skiing in Geneva please tell me EVERYTHING! 

Photo Credit: laclusaz.free.fr/

2. Spies on Channel 4 

Has anyone been watching this amazing new reality series on Channel 4 recently? Oh my god it is such good TV and has one of the most interesting concepts of any reality show on at the moment. It is described a bit like The Apprentice meets James Bond. The plot is basically, 3 ex spies (I think one worked for MI6, one was an intelligence spy in the Middle East, and one worked for a cyber fraud company)  have come together to train 15 men and women to see if they have what it takes to become undercover spy. Each week the 15 men and women (whom all live together in this process) are given a set of tasks to complete and their every move is analysed by the 3 expert ex spies. Each week people get voted off by the experts and in the final we see who has succeeded in their quest to become a real life spy. 

Spies is on Channel 4 on Thursday at 9pm.



3. January Sales 

The one only thing which I feel is good about this month so far is that we have 2 more weeks left of the January Sales. I am someone who doesn't really shop much for myself any more as I have so much other stuff my money goes on like bills (sucks being an adult now) but every January I do like to have a little look in the sales and see if anything picks my fancy. This year I have decided to do all my shopping from the comfort of my sofa, and its worked out really well because nearly ALL the websites I like have sales on still. So I think come pay day next week I will be seriously treating myself, who's with me? 

(taken from my NYC shopping spree)

4. Thai food 

This is a bit of a recent discovery, sorry I am so late to the party! I have ALWAYS loved Chinese food, and do try a few different things on the menu's when I get the chance to eat it, but we very rarely go to restaurants. Myself and my other half thought we would change it up a bit last week and went to Thai restaurant in Soho called 'Banana Tree' instead, and I have to say It was one of the nicest meals out I have had in so long. It was rather busy inside, but you can clearly see why because the food was just so tasty, so nice in fact that we are going back this evening with our family and we cannot wait to see what they think of it as well. 

Banana Tree- 103-109 Wardour Street, London W1F 0UQ

Prev

Hates


1. Friday the 13th

Going down this week BIG TIME is today it is Friday 13th.. I am really superstitious, (and a generally all round unlucky person to be honest) so I usually hate this day, I try and avoid anything I can on this day because it scares me that I am going to get bad luck and something bad is going to happen to me. (Sounds stupid I know), anyway touch wood so far nothing that bad has happened yet today (it is only 12:40pm though). I am hoping I have got all my bad luck over with at the start of this week, hopefully the rest of this day will fly past me. 


2. Changing my domain name 

Unfortunately my domain name renewal has expired, which means that I can no longer have my web address as www.glamtravelguide.co.uk anymore because annoyingly I didn't realise it had expired and now someone else has taken my domain name, which is a bit annoying to say the least. So for those of you reading this I am sorry and I am hopefully going to come up with a solution soon. I will of course keep you all in the loop about the web address change but for now assume you can find me at www.glamtravelguide.blogspot.co.uk, thank you for being so understanding. 



3. Being really Ill all week 

So this whole week has been a bit of a rough one for me if I am honest. Firstly I have had a bit of bother at work with one of my managers (won't go into the details, but it hasn't been resolved yet, and it has had a serious effect on me at work all this week), and to top that off I have seem to have picked up this awful illness which is creeping its way around the city. So I haven't felt my best this week unfortunately, and have never wanted to see the end of this week so much before, ever! Having said that though my weekend will be filled with family and fun so I am hoping this is going to shift the awful mood I have been in all week. 




There we have my high's and low's for this week... please share with me yours, and what you are up to this weekend, I would love to hear your plans. Until next week have a good Friday the 13th! 

Comments

Popular Posts