Monthly Round Up: March

Happy start to spring everyone! I must say I am loving these lighter longer days already, even more excited now for it to start warming up a little bit more so I can finally put the winter wear to bed. How has everyone's March been? I hope you have all been keeping busy. I certainly have, but I have also found a bit of time to let my hair down in between which is always great. So lets take a little look at whats been happening this month. 



Posts on GTG



2. Flashback: Cities I have visited since the start of GTG first published on 17th March 2017


3. An Inspired Post: My Ultimate Long Haul Bucket list first published on March 18th 2017 



LOVES & HATES 

As mentioned in a previous post last month, for the time being I am going to stop writing out my weekly Loves & Hates post. For a short while when I thought up the idea I loved updating you all weekly, now It is becoming increasingly difficult to think of new things to put here each week (when I have been so anti social this year due to studying & work). Anyways I think putting this on my monthly round up posts instead works so much better. So this month I have been loving. 

SPRING &ALL IT BRINGS 


I am not just talking about the weather here or the lighter evenings. I am talking about Fashion too! I cannot wait to update my spring wardrobe. I think this year I am going to be wearing lots of little smock dresses, cold shoulder shirts/ tshirts those lovely tapered cigarette trousers with loafers AND no spring wardrobe would be complete without a hint of Gingham! My all time favourite pattern at the moment, here are just a few pieces I am loving at the moment! 

NEW YORK CITY


As I KEEP harping on about we are off to New York (again) in approximately 3 weeks! Lots of stuff to plan still (including wardrobe) but I have booked us into a few places already, including a few Broadway shows which I think will be exciting! (even though my boyfriend really isn't the musical theatre type, hopefully he will learn to appreciate it whilst we are actually here). I am going to throw together a little post next month with some bits and bobs I missed off our trip last time & new things I have found since November I want us to check out! Any recent recommendations anyone has please feel free to throw them my way.  We also fancy hitting the bright lights of Las Vegas, but not sure if we can squeeze this into our trip this time round. I would also LOVE your suggestions for here also!! 




 Events

So you may have already noticed a few changes on the blog this month. I have had a little theme change and also got rid of a few pages on my blog which I didn't feel suited the direction I wanted to take my writing in anymore. 

Firstly lets talk about the new theme: I am using one of Bloggers newest free theme's/layouts aptly named ''Soho''. To be honest even if a part of London wasn't in the name, I still would have chosen this theme because I honestly thought it was the best one out of the new (and existing one's). For ages now I have been looking for ways to freshen up my blog and have tried working out ways of keeping it clean and minimal without spending any money. This is why this theme is perfect for me. 

As you can see I have got rid of everything I once had in my side bar- this is something I have been meaning to do all year!. I have also got rid of my social media links, this is mainly because I just don't seem to use them enough like everyone else on here, (you can still find out all my contact details on my contact page at the top of my blog though). 

I have decided to also delete my guest post and sponsorship page, instead I am going to advertise on individual blog posts when I am taking Guest posts throughout the year. 




Other Events

So this month and next month mark the start of a busy social calender for me, it also marks the start of birthday season!. I have had lots of birthdays this month (hence the Happy Birthday top photo) including a special 60th Birthday which I celebrated with my boyfriends family last weekend. We whisked his mum away to Champney's a few days before her birthday, and on the evening of her actual birthday we hired a 16 seater hummer to drive us and her other friends and family to the o2 where we enjoyed a fantastic meal in Gauchos. I also attended birthday drinks in London the weekend previous, we went to the Ice Bar and then on a small bar crawl around central London. 

Next month it is my boyfriends 30th Birthday we are planning to spend it in one of our favorite cities New York (again). I have lots of things planned for us and a special dinner with a view for the evening of his actual birthday. All will be revealed next month, so watch this space! 

Exams- I have my dreaded exams starting next month, so I am trying to be as good as possible this month in preparation for them. I am hoping to take a few days break from my day job to catch up (mainly on sleep) after the exams have finished, so I am really looking forward to a few relaxing days to myself. Luckily my exams will not interfere with my trip away, so I will fully be able to enjoy myself knowing I wont have to take any revision with me. Who else hates taking work on holiday with them? 





Comments

Popular Posts