Monthly Round Up: May

Another month down in 2017, what a whirlwind month May was. We have seen a lot of sun this month which has made for many a pleasant day out this month, we were also lucky enough to enjoy a lovely bank holiday weekend just gone, the weather was a dream for the most past, wasn't it? (apart from the odd random showers). I used my time off from work to relax and indulge. I visited Brighton for the long weekend, where I ate, drank and sun bathed on the very packed beach, I made some amazing memories and it has got me very hyped up for the summer ahead.  


Read on to find out more what I got up to this month, what I have been busy posting for you all on the blog & my plans for next month. 




EVENTS

 I am going to start with the something that has, like everyone else in the UK really affected me this month. Monday May 22nd 2017 will be another day we will all remember for all the wrong reasons. I just cannot understand how someone could be so cruel to such a beautiful city & beautiful people. The Manchester Attacks have just been so awful, it has been so heartbreaking reading, watching and hearing the tragic details unfold. My heart really does go out to the 22 victims and their amazing families. All I can say is, what happened in Manchester last week has made me so proud to be British and we should ALL be helping in whatever way we can.  I am doing my bit by attending the special concert in Manchester, which Ariana Grande is hosting along with an amazing star line up. My ticket fee will be going to the families of the victims. I urge everyone to attend if they can, and raise money for those who are in need right now. 


Other Events this Month 

I have been busy again studying & working, but have managed to fit in a bit of me time to this month. I went to my first wedding of the year a few weekends back in one of our favourite islands Ibiza. It was a a bit of spur of the moment decision as we didn't think we could get the time off from work, but we caught a last minute flight on a Friday and managed to return Monday all in one piece (just about). I went to another friends wedding in Ibiza 2 years ago, it is such a lovely island. I could sit and take photos of the views all day. 





We have been very spoilt this month and enjoyed yet more time off over the bank holiday last weekend 26th-29th, and the sun shone for most of the weekend, which was great. We decided to stay over in Brighton for a weekend of sun, sea & fish & chips! It was a great relaxing weekend and I even got a little bit burnt- oops! 










What is Happening in June? 

BUDAPEST- June City Break 

As mentioned in last months round up, we are checking out Budapest at the end of June. We are staying in the 5 star Buddha Bar Hotel, which was booked on recommendation from a friend who has just stayed here. I checked it out for myself and was pretty impressed too. I will try and squeeze in a short post about our plans for Budapest before we leave. 


Photo Credit: 'buddhabarhotelbudapest'

DUBLIN, Ireland

My boyfriend is also attending a stag do in Germany beginning of next month, so I have rounded some girl friends up for a weekend in Dublin- (bit of a spur of the moment holiday & somewhere none of us have actually visited before). We are only going for a long weekend, but I will be sure to try and cram as much as possible in and let you know all the goss from the trip! We have yet to decide on a hotel yet, but I will include all details when i return. 


Photo Credit: 'Lonely Planet' 
  
So there we have a little bit of what I have been up to AND what my plans are for next month. 

WHATS BEEN ON THE BLOG THIS MONTH 

I haven't done very well post wise again this month, I have just had so much going on that I just could not find the time to write lots. I did manage to beat my April record however, so there's that. I think one of the key things I have learnt this month is din't promise anything & to not be so hard on myself when it comes to writing posts. I need to remember that I have an extremely busy lifestyle at the moment AND I am currently working two jobs (one full time & also freelancing on the side), as well as studying for an AAT Accountancy qualification, I am barely finding enough time to sleep these days. So going ahead for the future, I am planning to take a step back from blogging AND will focus on writing as and when I feel like it in the precious spare time I do get.  I will of still course update you monthly on my life and future plans. 

On the blog this month you can find:

1. NYC: Brunch, Lunch & everything in between first posted on 8th May 2017. 




2. London:Seeing the sites via The Underground, Part 1  first posted on 30th May 2017. 



So that is what I have been up this month, its been a bit of a mixed month what with everything currently going on in the country, we've seen some good times but also awful. I am hoping next month can bring us all more positive things. Lets hope the sun continues to brighten up our days. 

Comments

Popular Posts