Monthly Round Up: July

Summer is in full swing and I couldn't be any busier if i tried! It is so frustrating not being able to enjoy the London sunshine as much as I would like but ah it is what it is. Studying unfortunately has taken the front seat (and passenger). I have been quite lucky that I have managed to get a little bit of travel in this month, read below to find up exactly where I have been and what I have been doing this month. 




JULY EVENTS


PARIS 

My boyfriend treated me to a long weekend in Paris, a few weekends ago now. Instead of doing a big post about it like I usually would (because we have been a few times before) I thought I would just share a few snaps. We mainly visited the same sort of places we saw on our last visit, you know the usual tourist traps. Our hotel was beautiful though, it is one we hadn't stayed in before called the 'Hotel Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel' rooms on average around £241.00 per night here, so not the best option if you are on a budget! If you are looking for a hotel with a view this is the one! 








It was a lovely weekend in all, once the rain stopped that is! I didn't think we would return here since all the awful stuff which had gone on in the country during these past few years, but it would have been such a shame not return, it is a beautiful city and one which should be explored!! We always feel so at ease here, and relaxed it truly does make a wonderful weekend escape. 


One of my favourite things to do in Paris is to take photographs and look at all the lovely quaint Parisian streets and study their beautiful architecture. In fact that is one of my favourite things to do in ANY city I am lucky enough to visit. 





LONDON

Last Saturday me and my cousin went to a theatre show/ come party called 'The Great Gatsby Party'. It was basically in a nut shell a massive, fancy dress theatrical show which played music and went on until 10.30pm. It was a really enjoyable evening and we both dressed up in our Gatsby 1920's get up. I wore a black tassel/fringe flapper dress and wore a feather in my hair, with a pearl necklace. I decided to go rather understated because I had a feeling we would want to go out for a drink after the party as it finished quite early. 

For those who love dressing up glamorous style, enjoy dancing and sipping on old school cocktails you need to see the show.  I won't give it away but you can read about it here, honestly it was such a good night out, and something a bit different which I love. It was a very interactive performance, the actors really involved the audience, so be prepared! It would also be helpful to familiarise yourself with the story before you go (The film with Leo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby is a MUST SEE).  Also ladies- bring flats with you, there is a lot of standing around and walking into different rooms, I made the mistake of wearing heels throughout and it did put a bit of a downer on my experience.  

The weekend show we went to was sold out but there's tickets left on all other nights until the show finishes its run on 31st of August. I would definitely recommend booking a few quickly, you don't want to miss out. It was a fantastic performance hosted by a lovely cast. Book yours here






I have also managed to have a few dinners out in London this month. My fav being at a lovely little restaurant in Beckenham called 'La Rasacasse' we have been here a few times now (as it is near where my family live) but never for a Sunday lunch. So we decided to meet up with the family for a gorgeous roast dinner and some bubbles. I mean just look at it? isn't it making your mouth water? 






AUGUST EVENTS 

August is going to be a quiet month as far as travelling goes, because the month after (September) is our big holiday we have been waiting most of this year for, DUBAI! I have already started a post about the things I want to see and do in Dubai, I am hoping to find some time before we go to really plan the trip and get some ideas down. Any help would be recommended! 


I think most of August (weather permitting) will be spent in London, hopefully we can have some sunny days and plan some nice outings. I know we have two bank holidays next month, so hopefully we will be able to get out there and do something nice with those. 


Have you got any plans for the next few months? Who is going on their summers holiday? I would LOVE to hear all about it! 



Comments

Popular Posts