Tourist Ideas||New York

Next year I will be preparing myself to board a transatlantic flight to none other than Newww Yaaaark! To say I'm excited is a very big understatement. I have been thinking and planning my trip in quite some details for a long time now because it is a very special trip (a family wedding for those interested) so not only do I want to find out the best places to shop for that all important wedding outfit, I also need to check out the best places to sleep, eat and part-tay.

I have decided I want to do all the usual touristy stuff like ride the subways, visit times square, see the statue of liberty and eat at lots and lots of famous fast food outlets- mainly Five Guys Burgers and Fries. My latest post is going to be dedicated to all the wonders of New York and all the tourist activities that go with it.






The number one tourist activity on my list is of course visiting all of the different districts which make up New York! This is something I have always wanted to do ever since I first started watching all those cheesy American Rom-Coms many moons ago.

 I have been doing my research and found a handy little app from Trip Advisor which gives you lots and lots of info on all things touristy in New York, so having checked this out I found lots of ideas on where to go in New York.
Here are just a few places on my list...



Manhattan Skyline.

What better way to start the tour of New York than to visit and get a glimpse of the famous Manhattan Skyline. This beautiful skyline of famous New York buildings is one of the most famous city images in the world and I definitely cannot wait to get my camera out and start taking some artsy snaps of all the different landmarks.


Brooklyn Bridge.

Next up on my tour is a walk over the very famous Brooklyn Bridge. Again this is something I have always wanted to do in New York especially at night time and I cant wait to explore all of the cool places Brooklyn has to offer once I'm there. 


Here are just a couple of photos of other places I will try to visit on my trip....


Times Square.



Chrysler Building.



Fifth Avenue. 




Madison Square Garden.




Broadway.


One really special place which I will make sure to visit will be the 9/11 memorial spot. I want to honour the city and its people so I will be planning to do something special whilst I'm there to mark the devastating moment in New York history. I will definitely be making my tribute and remembering the innocent thousands that lost their lives on September the 11th.


9/11 Memorial.



The last place on my tour and the place in which I will be standing to watch a beautiful wedding ceremony is in the stunning Central Park. This is going to mark an end of an amazing trip and although planning it has been really fun and exciting I know that once I'm actually in NYC I'm just not going to want to come home- thank goodness this trip is next year because I think I'm going to have to do A LOT of money saving!!


Comments

Popular Posts