Surprise Visits||Shaka Zulu

It was another busy week at work for me and I couldn't wait for the weekend to approach as I had exactly one thing on my mind and that was partying with all my friends. Soooo Friday eventually came after a long and anticipated wait, and I had that usual Friday feeling going on at my desk.. as soon as the clock hit 5pm I was done for the week and rushed back home via the busy rush hour northern line tube, to where I thought my friends/ house mates would be waiting for me.. Only to open the door to my house and be left bitterly disappointed and If I am honest a little bit lonely. Did everyone forget it was the start of the weekend? I was beginning to frantically wonder. I was really hoping they hadn't just up and left the city for the weekend and I didn't get the memo... Suddenly my fun weekend which I had spent many hours bored and day dreaming about at work was beginning to feel like just that- nothing but a day dream.



So a few lonely and confused hours passed and a few glasses of wine down (I don't usually drink on my own but It was a stressful moment) and luckily for me it turns out I have the best friends in the whole of London who didn't want me to wallow in self pity and most importantly drink alone (as no classy city girl ever should) and all of a sudden the door bell rang. I ran to answer and it was my two amazing house mates and 5 of my greatest Swedish girl friends who have come to stay for a surprise weekend in London!!! Now the party can really begin and I no longer have to pretend to have friends-phew!!!! 



The girls decided they wanted to head out to Shaka Zulu, having already been before once and not having the best of times there (bad first date) I reluctantly agreed-surely this time won't be as bad right? Luckily it wasn't and I am really glad I gave it a second chance. It was a completely different experience so I guess it just goes to show the night is what you make it and it all depends on the company you keep!! Lesson learned. 

For those who have never been to Shaka Zulu of even heard of it before it is a restaurant/club bar lounge hidden in the depths of the famous Stables Market in the heart of hip and trendy Camden town. It serves amazing South African food and some of the best cocktails I have ever tried in London and has great tribal décor everywhere and a really lovely relaxing yet sociable atmosphere. I would recommend trying something of their new menu the 'Essence of Africa' menu, they have some of the best burgers on there. It really is one of the more unique little spots you can find in London and I am so glad my second visit was more successful. 


Love this statue.







So there we have just a few photos taken from the evening. Hope you enjoyed reading all about my second Shaka Zulu adventure, really urge everyone who enjoys different dining experiences to give it a try. You definitely won't be left feeling disappointed. For more information about the restaurant and to have a look at the great menu you can click here and it will direct you to their official website.  Happy eating people :)


Comments

Popular Posts