The Shard|\At A Glance


It was my best friends birthday last weekend and unfortunately I was busy on my Swedish adventures to celebrate with her, so decided a late birthday surprise would be a great way of making it up to her. As we are both born and bread Londoners I decided we needed to explore our home town as tourists and booked us an evening together at The Shard.

Now for those of you who don't know what The Shard is or for those of you who have never seen it (even though you cannot miss it) I am here to give you all the low down on it before sharing some of the snaps I took whilst I was there. (Feel free to steal my photos and show them to your non London friends) 

(Picture from Pinterest)



The Shard is noted for being the tallest building in Western Europe. It is located in South East London right next to London Bridge which is the nearest Underground station to it. It is also close to the London Borough of Southwark and one of London's main train stations London Waterloo. So it is very accessible to locate if you are not familiar with parts of South London. 

Not only does The Shard offer 360 degree views from its viewing gallery which can be found on the floors 68-72. It is also home to a 5 star hotel called Shangri-La hotel, loads of great restaurants/bars found on floors 31-33, luxury offices and exclusive residential apartments which are worth around £50 million pounds!!

The views from the viewing Gallery are absolutely breath taking, and although I am from London and lives, work and play here as soon as I got to the viewing gallery and saw the whole of London laid out in front of me It was only then that I stopped to realise just how huge London as a city really is.

Here are just a few snaps taken from my visit at night....
















Comments

Popular Posts