Glam Travel Guide Turns 3||History of the Blog

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GLAM TRAVEL GUIDE...

Here's how it all started.. 

Wow so this time today (27th November) 3 years ago in 2012 marked the start of 'Glam Travel Guide' but not as we know it today.It marks the date I set out to write my very first post which can be read here. It is just a small intro into what the overall theme of my blog was going to be about-which is my love for travel and living the glamorous life (This is very much still true today).


 I didn't really know what direction I wanted to take my writing in until only recently this year-as you can probably tell from the make over the blog's had recently and that fact that I am posting content every week consistently now. Back then I mainly wrote impersonal and factual posts about countries and places I longed to visit, but always knew I would never have the money or confidence to actually visit them. Little did I know back then that I would be able to tick some of those countries off my bucket list.  I think looking back now this little blog has come a very long way since its first couple of posts back in 2012. 


2012 was the start of things to come for me. I had just graduated University the same month and was stuck in a dead end job I hated, all in all I didn't really know what I wanted to do with my life. So thought I would start this blog mainly as a distraction from the job I hated so much at the time. I guess you could say this blog was my little place on the internet to escape from a life I hated but didn't know how to change. 

 I didn't know anything about website layouts and designs or HTML coding (that all came later) so back then 'Glam Travel Guide' was pretty plain and really quite boring. In 2013 I got a promotion, a new full time office job at the place I already worked at, so found very little free time to fit in writing. I lost my way with the blog in 2013 and this showed as no one read it or was interested it no longer. 

I have always had a love for writing and travelling and think of myself as quite a creative person overall so when I had a new idea for a new series on the blog it reignited my passion to write about travel again.I know I'm not the best writer but I do try to keep things interesting for my readers especially content wise. 

The thing I loved and still do to this day about writing these mini travel guides for you is that not only am I (hopefully) writing things that are useful to my readers, but I am also learning lots about these amazing Countries and Cities as well. The research which goes into my posts is one of my favourite things about putting everything together. I love learning about cultures, food and what makes a country different from the rest. 


So there we have a little background about why and how this blog was created. I have thoroughly enjoyed writing on 'Glam Travel Guide' and hope that with my new fresh look and new ideas I will continue to keep loving it in another 3 years from now.  

I hope today you will all celebrate with me 'Glam Travel Guide's' 3rd Birthday thank you for being a loyal follower and I hope you will continue to support the blog as it grows. 

Photo Credit: Etsy

Comments

Popular Posts