Monthly Round Up||January 2016


Ok so first off before I share with you my favourite things from this month and what I have been up to I would really like to apologies for my lack of posts this month. I have been very ill this month (nearly 3 weeks now) and still not quite over the illness and trying to juggle my illness and full time job as well as keeping up to date with posts on here has just been nigh on impossible. However I am determined to come back fighting next month and finish off all the posts I did have scheduled for this month and try and get some new ones out there as well. 

Anyway enough doom and gloom and hooray for January (the longest month EVER) nearly being over to celebrate this here's a little round up of everything that I loved this month and my plans for next month. 



-January Blog Posts-

Slightly disappointed I didn't get round to publishing as many I would have liked this month but here's a list of some I did manage to get out there. 


Published: 2nd January 2016
Details: A small introduction into one of the new series for this year, I will be focusing on a new London Borough every month my first Borough will be the Borough I live in Southwark. 




Published: 4th January 2016
Details: Another Introductory post outlining another new series for this year 'A-Z Top 2 Countries' the jist of this series is I will be picking 2 countries beginning with a letter in the Alphabet and writing a small guide about them every other Monday. This new series is based on a previous series I wrote in 2013 also called 'A-Z Countries' but on a much more in depth scale. 




Published: 6th January 2016
Details: As you may know if you are an avid reader of the blog I celebrated part of Christmas and the New Year in Amsterdam. The idea behind this post was that I was going to be posting all about my adventure this month- however unfortunately due to illness I haven't got round to posting. It is still definitely on my to do list so look out for that next month. 






                         Published: 8th January 2016
Details:  First Friday Favourites post of the year. 







         Published: 18th January 2016
Details:  My first instalment of brand new series 'A-Z Top 2 Countries- this first post (1 out of 2 parts) is all about Austria and the things you can do there, where you can eat and what is the best time to visit. 







-Blog Posts I have been reading this                                         month-

                   'The Blonde Abroad'
'The Ultimate Couples' Travel Bucket List'


Photo Credit: The Blonde Abroad

Post details: The thing I love about Kiersten's (the writer of 'The Blonde Abroad') posts are that she features couples a lot! This is something I can really relate to because when I write I often write for couples and when I travel I always go away with my other half so I find lots of her posts especially interesting and useful. 



'A Lady in London'


Post Details: This is a fairly new find for me but one I am loving as I'm finding more and more great posts each time I search this blog. This post in particular stands out for me because I always find it interesting what people have to say about London, I agree with everything in this post and would love to see them all for myself. 

Photo Credit: 'A Lady in London'

'This City Life' 

Post Details: I love reading where others have been just as much as I love reading where they are planning to go. I often get my inspiration this way. This is a great post and very well put together. Most of these places are on my wish list as well. I can't to read on later in year to see if any on the list make it  feature on her blog. 


Photo Credit: This City Life. 

-January Events- 

To be honest overall this month has not got off to the best of starts. I had such high hopes for the start of this year and I thought things were going positively until around the 2nd week in January when things took a turn for the worse and I became very ill. 

Something you may not know about me is that I have suffered throughout most of my life with my lungs and chest, which started when I caught Pneumonia as a child. Since then every year in the winter I suffer severely and was told last year that I had a crackle on my chest which basically means any illness I catch could last longer than most people and could be fatal to me if left untreated. I have been ill for a number of weeks but last Friday I was admitted to hospital with a serve Chest Infection and Pneumonia on one of my lungs.- So as you can imagine things have been a bit slow around here recently as I am trying to recover and get back to my daily routine.  

So although this month hasn't been monumental on the post front, I have managed to take my blog to the next level. You may have noticed the blog has a new address-Yes that is right I finally got round to purchasing a domain name of my own so now my blog is no longer a blogspot addressee you can now find my blog at www.glamtravelguide.co.uk


-Future February Posts- 

Unfortunately due to my illness the majority of the posts I had scheduled for January seemed to have fallen by the wayside. I have them all planned out and some I have even began to write so I am hoping to have them all up for next month when I am well again. Here are some posts I will be posting up next month. 

-A-Z Top 2 Countries||Austria & Australia PT2- 



This is the 2nd instalment post of my new series 'A-Z Top 2 Countries' and Australia will be the focus of this post. I will be outlining all of things you can see and do, where to eat and stay and other factual things about the country. I will then round up the post by deciding which country I would prefer to visit out of Austria and Australia but noting some pro's and con's of both countries. 

-London Boroughs||Southwark-


Photo Credit: e-artitecht
This is going to be the first post in another new series for the year 'London Borough's' the first Borough in the capital I am going to be visiting is Southwark, the Borough I live in. I will be firstly identifying some facts about the Borough and the districts which make up the Borough and will then be visiting a few places each month which I will be reviewing for you all. 

-Travel Guide Tuesday||Reykjavik, Iceland-



This post was scheduled for January but It was one I never got round to writing. I will be bringing you lots of things to see and do, where to eat and party and what hotels to stay in, in Reykjavik, Iceland.

-Seeing in the New Year||Amsterdam 2016||-



Another post which was regretfully left due to my illness. As you all know already I was in Amsterdam over some of the Christmas period and New Year. We got up to lots of things in Amsterdam and I have lots of photos to share. So I will eventually get round to telling you all about my adventure and what I really thought about one of the most liberal and controversial Capital cities in the world. 


-Travel Guide Tuesday||Bern, Switzerland-



The fifth post in the series this one will focus on Bern in Switzerland. I have never been to any part of Switzerland so this is very unfamiliar territory for me. I am excited to learn lots of great things about the city which I will share with you all. 



-A-Z Top 2 Countries||Belgium vs Brazil-


The second set of countries on my 'A-Z Top 2 Countries' I am very excited to be writing about these two countries. For as long as I can remember I have been fascinated by Brazil and have always wanted to visit the Amazon Rain Forest. I have also always wanted to visit Bruge in Belgium so I cant wait to show you all how amazing both of these countries are. 


So there we have a sneaky peak of some of the posts I have scheduled for next month. 


-Plans for Next Month- 

Firstly I am hoping next month is going to be a much more healthier month and I am also aiming for it to be a more productive month blog wise. I am excited to be getting back to work as well (there's only so much day time TV one can take) and I also have a few nights out in London planned as well as a few special events. I am hoping to also start looking at city breaks for around March/April time. So watch this space. 

Hope you have all had a better January than I have and if you have been any where nice on your travels I would love know where you have been and what you have got up to. 
















Comments

Popular Posts