Weekly Round up Post: Friday 17th February 2017

This week was a lot more positive that last week, and I think I put that down to a few things which will be of course mentioned in more details below. Firstly on the Tuesday just gone it was of course the one day of the year everyone loves to hate and that is Valentines day! We were lucky enough to have spent our time at the o2 watching Drake on his UK tour! We were even luckier to have booked the day off work the day after the tour so we could celebrate our own Valentines day properly, and the fun doesn't end there because today in approximately 3 hours time I will be gliding down the runway at London Gatwick airport, on route to one of my fav European Cities ever, Barcelona. All thanks to my lovely boyfriend who is whisking me away on a romantic post valentines day.. The romance certainly isn't dead in this relationship- what a lucky girl I am!! 

So before I take off have a little look below at my amazing week just gone, and please share what you have been up to this week too! 




LOVES 

1. Valentines Day 

I am a lover not a loather of the V day, I'll admit I haven't always been, when I was single I was definitely a hater of the day, but as I grew up I learned to accept the day for what it should be- a celebration of those in your life whom you love, and when I met my lovely boyfriend of 3 years I love and actually look forward to the day every year. Every year outdoes each other and this one has the been the best one so far because firstly on the actual day we had a date at the o2 to see Drake!

 We also both booked the following day off to spend some quality time together, we went to see Fifty Shades of Grey in the afternoon (it was the best time to go as everyone was at work!. The cinema was still quite full though but not half as bad as if we had seen it the evening before)  and then headed to London Bridge Gaucho's for a slap up steak meal which has been a valentines tradition of ours now since we met. (Read my post from a few days ago here). 


Photo Credit: Youtube


2. Drake at the o2

So as mentioned above (and continually since I booked the tickets in December last year), we went to see Drake at the o2 during the evening. To cut a long and boring story short I purchased the tickets last year as part of my boyfriends Christmas presents, and also though I'd kill two birds with one stone by selecting Valentines day as the date to see him! Well we both had a fantastic time, and I won't give away who else was there with him (for those still waiting to see it), but it really was one of the best concerts I've been to see the whole place was so packed but it was electric and Drake definitely didn't disappoint, the seats we had were so close we could probably have touched him! Anyone who didn't get tickets for this, you really have missed out! (Unfortunately I didn't get any photos as we wasn't allowed flash photography inside the venue).


Photo Credit: kingsmedia


3. Barcelona weekend away

As I mentioned earlier in my intro to this post, I am off to Barcelona this afternoon. I am currently (and very quickly) typing this little post from an airport terminal in London's Gatwick (thank god for their 90 minutes free WiFi). Very excited about our up and coming trip, and even though this isn't our first time in the city, we still have so much planned to do and see, and hopefully we can re-visit some old favourites whilst there as well. I will of course up date you all when we return on Monday. 


Photo Credit: barcelonayellow.com



HATES 

1. Not getting enough work done/ hitting personal deadlines 

Lately I feel like all I ever seem to write about is how I am not doing enough work, or how I haven't been hitting personal targets and quite frankly I am so bored and tired of it! This week I have been rather more lazy than usual, and I put this down to myself and my family receiving a bit of bad news earlier on in the week. Ever since learning this news on Wednesday I have been unable to concentrate. I am really hoping this relaxing break in Barcelona will sort my head out and give me some time to feel energised for when I come back next week. 

2. Not getting enough exercise/health eating 

I'll admit now I have been seriously slacking on the whole healthy eating/exercise front this month, but I am going to mainly put that down to the two holidays I have had so far because no one really tries hard to eat well or exercise when they are enjoying themselves on holiday right? I still have a long way to go until I am happy with my body and feeling confident in a bikini but for now I am going to enjoy my next trip away and not worry about the calories too much. 


Photo Credit: Dr Boutres

So there we have another week under our belts, getting ever closer to pay day and of course another favourite holiday of mine 'Pancake day!' on the 28th, that's a date for the diary people!  Enjoy your weekend hope its a relaxing one. Catch up next week. 

Comments

Popular Posts